Saturday, July 24, 2010

Miss Anya Snow

The challenge is to create a card or project based on the inspirational by a book. I have so many favorites on my bookshelf that I looked towards my stamp collection to find a match. Miss Anya Snow, featured as "Rose", jump started my inspiration and narrowed down my selection to East by Edith Pattou. This is a book I'll never forget... again. You see, I had forgotten all about reading it until half way through reading it the second time! It was still an enjoyable read.


"Rose" wouldn't be complete with the white bear and so I drew up this polar bear to walk along her during their adventures. Since so much is covered up, I took this picutre below to showcase the entire bear. Surprisingly it works well on it's own but it wouldn't be "East" without the two together. This card also satisfies a color combination challenge using blue, cream and any additional color, gold.


Challenge: Club Anya & Friends - Monday Mania
Challenge: PaperPlay Challenges - Week #29
Main Stamp: [altered images of] Miss Anya Snow (TGF) and Polar Bear (my design)
Patterned Paper:
Pink Armadillo (TPS)
Copic Colors:
-skin: E000, E00, E11, R20
-hair: E43, E44, E47, E49
-bear: E50, Y32, YR21, E43
-other: B91, B93, B95, YR21, YR23, YR24, 0

Update: I was the winner at Club Anya & Friends for this Challenge!

4 comments:

  1. YOu really do colour beautifully, I see your new to blog land. Your blog is also very good (for some one so new) I hope you enjoy blogging, your work is lovely

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab fab card, Barbara. Your colouring is superb, and as for your drawing - what can I say, that bear is sooooo good!! Love the inspiration too!!

    Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

    Julie :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara, this is super fantastic! I love the polar bear behind winter Anya. A perfect addition. Great coloring too. Congrats on your well deserved win. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot believe you drew that polar bear!!! AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.