Monday, September 20, 2010

Christian Back to School

I made this card using Christian Back to School by Simply Betty Stamps. I've been set on a personal challenged by my husband to truly make "the impossible" boy card since we think hand-made does not equal boy! However, he says this one fits the bill! The other one posted today didn't - win some, loose some.


For the sentiment, I drew out HB for Happy Birthday and colored it graffiti style then set it on a decorative bottle cap. The second one shows one I drew for my Mom on the same day. The challenge is to create a card or project using a birthday boy theme, all about boys, and finally to use Amy's Straight Hair technique.


Challenge: Lollipop Crafts - Challenge #8
Challenge: Color Me Copic - Challenge #4
Challenge: The Creative Cottage - Challenge #23
Main Stamp: Christian Back to School (SBS)
Patterned Paper: Homeroom (TPCS)
Copic Colors:
-skin: E000, E00, E11
-hair: E11, E13, E15, E19, E08
-clothes: B91, B93, B95, B97, B99, E40, E41, E43
-other: YR20, YR21, YR23

Did you know? Darwin's bark spider, a species new to science from Madagascar, weaves its huge web over flowing rivers, stretching up to 80 feet (25 meters) over rivers. It is so big that it can catch 30 or more prey insects at any one time.
[Gigantic Spider's Web, BBC.UK.Co]

6 comments:

  1. Hi Barbara
    fabulous card, great image,thank you for joining us at The Creative Cottage this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful guy card Barbara, perfect papers and image! Thanks for joining the CMC challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that both you're boy's cards are fab but I agree it is difficult to please those boys - why can't they just like pretty things ?!
    Thanks for joining us at the creative cottage challenge blog this week x
    ((hugs)) Suzie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow this is just THE perfect boy card! No complaints from me! Love the way you've done the graffiti... fabulous work! Thanks so much for joining us at The Creative Cottage! Hugs Shelly ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute, Thanks for joining us at the CMC challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is perfect. Any of us that have or have survived teenagers, know this guy! Thanks for sharing and making me laugh.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.