Thursday, September 30, 2010

Christmas Blessings

As you might have noticed, I often make more than one post in a day! But now is the time you've been waiting for and using random.org, the WINNER of the BLOG CANDY is...

Karen B. --- CONGRATULATIONS!

Contact me with your mailing address and I'll get it right out to you. Thank you everyone for becoming a Follower and leaving such wonderful comments for me to read!!

I made this card using Christmas Blessings from Whiff of Joy. I made this card for the Whiff of Joy Challenge blog which theme this week is Thank You. The other challenge is to color an animal with a technique that was demonstrated on the challenge blog.


Although the card doesn't explicitly say "thank you" it is my way of saying Thank You for the wonderful time I had being a Guest! My Guest DT term has ended with Whiff of Joy and this is my last official post as a design team member... however, it's certainly not going to be the last Whiff of Joy creation I make!

Thank you Katharina and all the wonderful gals on the Whiff of Joy Design Team - I had so much fun!

Theme: Whiff of Joy - Challenge #88
Challenge: Color Me Copic - Challenge #5
Main Stamp: Christmas Blessings (WoJ)
Patterned Paper: Winter Pretties (WoJ)
Metal Die: Spellbinders Nestabilities Peony
Copic Colors:
-skin: E000, E00, E11
-hair: E55, E57, E59
-clothes: E41, E42, E43, E44, YG93, YG95, R46
-donkey: N1, N3, N5
-other: E57, E59, Y23, Y26

Did you know? The Granny Ramsey Smith green apple is a tip-bearing apple cultivar. It originated in Australia in 1868 from a chance seedling propagated by Maria Ann Smith. It is thought to be a hybrid of Malus sylvestris, the European Wild Apple, with the domestic apple M. domestica as the polleniser. Granny Smith apples were not introduced to the United Kingdom until 1935 and then to the United States in 1972.
[Granny Smith, Wikipedia.org]

Update: I was the showcased at Color Me Copic for this challenge!

4 comments:

  1. What a fantastic card, so stunning :)
    Love the patterned papers and your colouring is so beautiful :)
    Thank´s for joining us at WOJ challenge :)
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Barbara! Love your paper mix and your coloring is fantastic! Thanks for joining us at the CMC challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the star & the way you have coloured the donkey. Amazing detail with it all & such lovely colours. Thanks for joining the Whiff Of Joy Challenge.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! This is a stunning card!! I like so much how used the WOJ papers and the Maria's dress is so fantastic!!
    Thanks for joining us at WOJ challenge.
    Hugs, Giò

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.