Thursday, September 30, 2010

Fashionette Lil Lolita 50's Lilith

I made this card using Fashionette Lil Lolita 50's Lilith from Tickled Pink Stamps. This challenge this week at Lil Lolita Boutique is to create a card or project based on the sketch provided. I rotated it and used it to decorate a notebook I had available.


I used paper-piecing on most of it and made sure to glue everything down instead of using tape. Now it really is stuck together and great for using! The other challenge is about the letter G and to create a card or project using these three things: Girl, Green, Glisten. For glisten, I sprayed a shimmering mist over the notebook and also used Crystal Effects on the skulls and shoes!


Challenge: Lil Lolita Boutique - Challenge #17
Challenge: 365 Cards - Day #212
Main Stamp: Fashionette Lil Lolita 50's Lilith (LL&L)
Patterned Paper: Heartwarming Holiday (TPS)
Metal Die: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels One
Copic Colors:
-skin/eyes: E00, E11, R20, R22, G94, G99
-hair: W2, W4, W6, W8, W10
-clothes: E40, E41, E42, R35, R37, R39, G94, G99

Did you know? A poodle skirt is a wide swing felt skirt of a solid bold color displaying a design appliquéd or transferred to the fabric with the hemline at the knee or just below it. The poodle skirt remains one of the most memorable symbols of 1950's Americana.
[Poodle Skirt, Wikipedia.org]

7 comments:

  1. Oh Barbara, I absolultely love this card. Lilith looks gorgeous and I adore the colours you have used. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous Barbara, I love your papers and your colouring, Lilith looks amazing:-)
    Hugs
    Karen
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The paper piecing work wonderfully here - the DP you used for skirt has real fabricy feel! Love your colouring and that cute ribbon flower. I'm mad about self-made flowers lately, lol
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card Barbara! I love the papers and your take on the sketch is fabulous.
    Hugs
    Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the paper piecing!!!! Beautiful notebook.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely STUNNING! I would had never thought to use Lilith like that and you have just gone and shown me YOU so can! LOVE it!
    Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow Barbara, she look so cool.
    Love the idea.
    It's like she is enjoying the day out in the nature.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.