Thursday, September 16, 2010

London

I made this card using London from Simply Betty Stamps. This is my second card made for this challenge which has the theme Halloween but to use a non-Halloween stamp from their store. The other challenge is to use three or more images. I have the main character images but on the background I've also use three other stamps around the edges: a rose, chandelier and fluer de lises.


I altered this cutie to give her wings in the same style as Simply Betty Stamps store logo. I covered the wings with glitter which looks awesome in real-life! Finally, the web was strung together with twine and catches this little angel in a web of love.

Challenge: Simply Betty Stamps - Halloween Hop
Challenge: Some Odd Girl Challenge
Main Stamp: [altered images of] London (SBS)
Patterned Paper: unknown scraps
Copic Colors:
-girl: E50, E51, E53, E55
-cat: W2, W4, W6, W8

Did you know? According to legend, Tomorr Mountain was personified by a giant who fought his brother Shpirag or Shpiragu, another personification of a nearby mountain, for the love of a young woman. The two brothers fought bitterly for her affections and ended up killing each other. Deep in sorrow, the grieving woman for whom they had contested wept over their deaths and her tears created the Osum River.
[Berat County, Wikipedia.org]

Update: I was a selected Odd at Some Odd Girl for this Challenge!

12 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your card. And the spider web is just GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Super fun and creative! I love her wings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG that is so awesome I love what you did with the wings. Awesome coloring I love it. Thanks for joining us on our hop. Good luck.
    ~Patricia
    SBC DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is WICKED!!! how ever did you add her wings???

    this design is simply WOW!

    awesome again!!

    crafty hugs!
    meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. The web is such a clever idea!!!! Thanks for playing with the ODD girls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowzers! This is AMAZING! Your coloring is off the chain and that twine web just rocks! This is just fantastic! Thanks for entering our blog hop challenges.
    ~lady b~
    SBC DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning!!! I love the dimension you created. Fantastic images too

    Thank you so much for being odd with us this week at http://someoddgirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a FABULOUS card!!! I love your colors(and your coloring too!) Thanks so much for playing with us at Some Odd Girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What a cool card! That web is just amazing! Thanks so much for joining us at Some Odd Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. how CUTE, Barbara! i love the muted colours and the kitty looks like she's a bit confused - adorable! the web is a fabby touch.

    thanks so much for joining the Odd Girls for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Look at this super creative card! Wow! Way to think outside the box! I love this! Thanks for playing at Some Odd Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it! That 'web' is too cool! Thanks for playing along with us Odd Girls.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.