Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Frankie & Alchemist Chamber

The challenge this week at Lil Lolita Boutique is to use skulls and I combined it with the 5th Day of Halloween challenge from Simply Betty Stamps using ghosts. I made this card and bookmark combo using the new Lil Haunts Frankie and set it up using the Alchemist Chamber as the background.


As a final touch, I added Crystal Effects to each bottle to make them look more like glass. Here's the bookmark separate from he card. If I could go back, I'd trace around the yellow moon sense it's hard to spot. :D


Only a portion of the Alchemist Chamber was used on the card. This was my first time coloring something where the source of light was constantly in a different direction so that was an interesting challenge! I didn't even see one of the candles until I was already on top of it - luckily I was already using a lighter color.


Challenge: Lil Lolita Boutique - Challenge #19
Challenge: Simply Betty - 5th Day of Halloween
Main Stamp: Lil Haunts Frankie (LL&L) and Alchemist Chamber (MiC)
Patterned Paper: Blackbird (MME)
Copic Colors:
-skin/eyes: YG91, YG93, YG95, V91, V95, V99
-hair: W00, W2, W4, W6, W8, R05
-clothes: W00, W1, W2, W4, W6, W8, W10, V91, V95, V99, YR12, YR16, YR18
-rock: W00, W1, W2, W3, W4, W5, W6, W7, W8
-wood: E53, E55, E57, E59, E49
-fire: YR20, Y11, Y15, Y17, YR16, YR18, R24
-stuff: E50, E51, E53, YR21, YR12, YR14, YG91, YG93, YG95, YG97, W1, W4, R12, R46, R59, YG21, YG23, YG25, YG17, V91, V95, V99, E13, E17, E07, B91, E41, E42, E43, E44, E47, YR24
-rain: C00, C1, C3, C5, C7, C9

Did you know? The International Date Line (IDL) is a generally north-south imaginary line on the surface of the Earth, passing through the middle of the Pacific Ocean, where the date changes as a ship or airplane travels east or west across it. Crossing the IDL traveling east results in a day or 24 hours being subtracted, so that the traveler repeats the date to the west of the line.
[International Date Line, Wikipedia.org]

"On the 5th day of Halloween my Ghoul love gave to me... five flying ghosts whispering in the wind!"
Update: I made the top eight at Simply Betty Stamps for this challenge!

6 comments:

  1. wowowowow Barbara,
    Amazing card. Fantastic layout.
    Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh wow, wow, wow! This is stunningly fabulous Barbara! I keep staring at it and see so many wonderful details and your colouring another wowser there too. Hugs, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am siting here absolutely stumped for words. I have no idea how to express how absolutely fantastic this whole card is. The chamber is coloured to perfection! I can imagine how long it would have taken to colour. Each individual stone has it's own shadow!! WOW! I absolutely love the effect of the sky and the zombie is perfect. (guess I wasn't lost for words afterall... hehehe Hugs xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Barbara your card is Spookalicious!! I love your background stamp and your pumkin!!
    Hugs
    Karen
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, this is beyond amazing Barbara. Wow, you've blown me away. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.