Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Lola Mummy

I made this card using Lola Mummy from Simply Betty Stamps along with the digital stamp Halloween Haunted House from Make It Crafty. This project is for the Second Day of Halloween Challenge which is to create a card or project using two Trick-or-Treaters. With little tidbits inbetween all the home chaos, it took me all day to color it!


I doubled up Lola Mummy pairing as two sisters and put them out Trick-or-Treating in front of a spooky Haunted House. This was my first attempt at this type of accordion fold card and I think I guessed wrong. But at least it stands and can be used as a display.


Here's a picture of just the background where I colored the sky in waves of purple. Because I knew Lola was going to be on the left side I tried to make plenty of room for them to walk and moved the house to the far right.


Challenge: Simply Betty - 2nd Day of Halloween
Main Stamp: Lola Mummy (SBS) and Haunted Halloween House (MIC)
Patterned Paper: Matilda (CC)
Copic Colors:
-mummy: E0000, E000, E00, R24, R27, Y32, Y35, YG91, YG93, YG95, YG97, E40, E41, E43
-hair: E55, E57, E59, E30, E31, E33, E35
-house: T1, T3, V91, V93, V95, V99, E57, E59, Y32, Y35, YG91, YG93, YG95, YG97, E40, E41, E43
-cauldron: T1, T3, T5, T7, T9, YR12, YR15, YR18, E40, E41, E43

Did you know? The Fabian strategy is a military strategy where pitched battles and frontal assaults are avoided in favor of wearing down an opponent through a war of attrition and indirection. While avoiding decisive battles, the side employing this strategy harasses its enemy through skirmishes to cause attrition, disrupt supply and affect morale.
[Fabian Strategy, Wikipedia.org]

"On the second day of Halloween my Ghoul love gave to me... 2 Trick or Treaters dancing down the street!"
Update: I made the top eleven at Simply Betty Stamps for this challenge!

7 comments:

  1. THUMP! My jaw just hit the floor! OMG Barbara this is SPOOKTACULAR GORGEOUS!!! Need I say more? Wowie! Love it!!!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is wonderful! Great details and I love how you used the same stamp twice! Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Freakily Spootacular!!! OMGoodness! GREAT JOB! That step card is AMAZING! And what a great idea using the same image....twice.... oh and there's Betty's cauldron too... I just love everything here and well....thinking I might have to CAS you abit here.... AWESOME! Thanks so much for joining us!
    Cheers
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card!!! I love it! I will have to try that accordian style card. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello
    like your card
    i saw your card en had just coloured my 2 gals.....we have a littebit the same idea
    i did not stole your idea.hahahahhah

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHAT THE BEEP... so smart doubling up the Lola's I love it. There is so much spooky goodness I can't stand it! Thanks for playing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Barbara, you seriously need to contact me when you use one of my images (I do NOT want to miss it) so that I can come and drool for a while. teehee WOW. oops already said that - I love it. LOVE the double up on Lola too - awesome idea. Hugs xxooo

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.