Thursday, October 28, 2010

Rio

I made this card using Rio from Simply Betty Stamps for the 10th Day of Halloween Challenge! The challenge is to create a card or project using spiders and with a skirt like that, Rio and spiders naturally go together. :D


I used spiders from all over the house including a purple ring spider and the Lego spider in the center, not to mention spider paper and another fun metal medallion I found at the local scrapbook store. This was the first time I fumbled around making the paper medallion behind it; and I might make another one, maybe. ;D

Challenge: Simply Betty Stamps - 12 Days of Halloween
Main Stamp: Rio (SBS) and Borders 2 (Kelly Panacci)
Patterned Paper: Blackbird (MME)
Copic Colors:
-skin/eyes: E00, E11, E04, YG21, YG23, YG25
-hair: V12, V15, V17
-clothes: W2, W4, W6, W8, YG21, YG23, YG25

Did you know? Cotton is a soft, fluffy staple fiber that grows in a boll around the seeds of the cotton plant. According to the Foods and Nutrition Encyclopedia, the earliest cultivation of cotton discovered thus far in the Americas occurred in Mexico, some 8,000 years ago.
[Cotton, Wikipedia.org]

"On the 10th day of Halloween my Ghoul love gave to me... 10 Creepy Spiders, spinning their webs just for me!"
Update: I won the top three at Simply Betty Stamps for this challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.