Friday, November 12, 2010

Hey Grandma

Check out the challenge this week at Wags 'n Whiskers where the challenge is to create a card or project using acetate, vellum, or tissue. I made this card using Hey Grandma and gave this tyke a little tooth too.


The front part of this card is mostly made from acetate except for the edge where I tacked it down near the fold. This makes the card fun and interesting to hold. I'll have to be careful when writing my sentiments on the inside show they don't show through. ;D


DT Challenge: Wags 'n Whiskers - Challenge #38
Main Stamp: Hey Grandma (WnW)
Patterned Paper: Just Dreamy (MME)
Metal Die: Spellbinders Nestabilities Deckled Rectangle
Copic Colors:
-face: E00, E11, E13, E04
-hair: W3, W5, W7, W9
-clothes: BG13, BG18, B34, E43, E44, E47, YG21, YG23, YG25
-other: R43, R46, R59, W1

Did you know? Jalopy (also clunker or hooptie) is an old, decrepit, unreliable and often nonfunctional car which has limited mechanical abilities and is often rusty or dented or in an unmaintained shape. A jalopy is not a well kept antique car, but a car which is mostly rundown or beaten up.
[Jalopy, Wikipedia.org]

4 comments:

  1. What gorgeous coloring of this sweet image and beautiful layout!! Awesome take on the acetate, tissue and vellum challenge.
    Have a great weekend!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I will NOT start ranting about how much I love your colouring. You get off easy this time.
    Oh, and if you hate watercolouring then DI-s are definitely NOT for you, lol. Although I've had fun with them lately - they behave very differently from my usual Copics and it's good to get out of comfort zone once in a while. I love the soft washes you can do for the background. But my flaws show just as much - I am utterly unable to do very light and soft colouring. It's always "I'll add a bit depth here" and "it looks tad flat there" and the result glaringly bright as usual :D
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card...I love the bright colours, and how you layered the circles!! Your colouring of this cute stamp is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous card Barbara. Love the colouring of the adorable image and the design also. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.