Monday, November 29, 2010

A Reading Pirate

This week I'm hosting the challenge at Lollipop Crafts and the theme is to create a card or project inspired by book! I created this card using a pirate image from Elizabeth O Dulemba's coloring pages which she created for Talk Like a Pirate Day. It's such a fun image!

PRIZES!! Have you had your eye on one of my cards? Then don't miss out on this challenge for a chance to win any 3 of my cards in stock! Plus, don't forget about my current Blog Candy which features a cute holiday image from Whiff of Joy!


DT Challenge: Lollipop Crafts - Challenge #17
Main Stamp: Talk Like a Pirate Day 2009 Reading Pirate (EOD)
Patterned Paper: The Green Stack (DCWV)
Copic Colors:
-skin/hair: E00, E11, E55, E57, E59
-clothes: C1, C3, Y35, W8, R35, R37, R39, BG72, BG75, BG78
-mouse: R20, W1, W3, W5
-bird: R35, R37, R39, YR21, YR23, YR24, YR14, YR18, BV23, BV25
-other: B000, B91, B93, E42, E43, E44, W000, W1

Did you know? International Talk Like a Pirate Day (ITLAPD) is a parodic holiday created in 1995 by John Baur (Ol' Chumbucket) and Mark Summers (Cap'n Slappy), of Albany, Oregon, U.S., who proclaimed 19 September each year as the day when everyone in the world should talk like a pirate. According to Summers, the day is the only holiday to come into being as a result of a sports injury. He has stated that during a racquetball game between Summers and Baur, one of them reacted to the pain with an outburst of "Aaarrr!", and the idea was born. That game took place on June 6, 1995, but out of respect for the observance of D-Day, they chose Summers' ex-wife's birthday, as it would be easy for him to remember.
[International Talk Like a Pirate Day, Wikipedia.org]

2 comments:

  1. What a darling card. Thanks for a great challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara! I just found your site and LOVE what you've created! I set up an online Coloring Page Tuesday gallery through facebook so people could share cards they create using my images at http://www.facebook.com/pages/ColoringPageTuesdays/131602883523029. If you're on facebook, I hope you'll share your cards there (the Christmas tree too!). Each week I feature one of the posted cards in my Coloring Page Tuesday newsletter http://dulemba.com/index_ColoringPages.html.
    Hope to see you there!
    :)
    e

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.