Monday, November 15, 2010

Soldier Pug

The challenge this week at The Stamping Bazaar is to create a card or project based on the fun sketch provided. I made this card using Soldier Pug designed by the fabulous Marina Neira. I created the tag by using metal stamps to engrave the sentiment. I need to create more guy cards as I have just depleted my limited stash!


DT Challenge: The Stamping Bazaar - Challenge #4
Main Stamp: Soldier Pug (TSB)
Patterned Paper: scraps
Dry Embossing: Tim Holtz Sizzix Embossing Folders Woodgrain
Metal Die: Spellbinders Nestabilities Circles
Copic Colors:
-dog/eyes: E41, E42, E43, E04, E57, E59
-clothes: YG63, YG67, YG91, YG95, YG99, BG93, BG96, BG99, C3, C5, C7

Did you know? Military camouflage became an essential part of modern military tactics after the increase in accuracy and rate of fire of weapons during the 19th century. Until the 19th century, armies tended to use bright colors and bold, impressive designs. These were thought to daunt the enemy, foster unit cohesion, allow easier identification of units in the fog of war, and attract recruits.
[Military Camouflage, Wikipedia.org]

1 comment:

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.