Saturday, December 18, 2010

Christian

I got so wrapped up in another project that I forgot about the 10th Day, so I'm skipping back in with my 11th Day of Christmas project. We were challenged to create a card or project with fun skully decor. I altered Christian from Simply Betty Stamps and swapped his cap for a more festive hat.


I'm seriously lacking in the skull department now that Halloween is over so I had to be creative and draw some. The large grommets were used to make ornaments, although attaching them turned out to be a challenge but the trusty glue came to the rescue! :D


Challenge: Simply Betty Stamps - 12 Days of Christmas
Challenge: Sparkles Forum - Challenge #1 (Christmas)
Challenge: One Stitch At A Time - Challenge #43 (Anything Goes)
Main Stamp:
[altered images of] Christian (SBS)
Patterned Paper: Blackbird (MME) and Mitten Weather (CC)
Copic Colors:
-skin/eyes: E00, E11, R20, B93, B97, B99
-hair: E50, E53, E55
-clothes: C00, C1, C3, C5, G82, G94, G9, R32, R35, R37, R39, E71, E74, E77, E79
-other: G82, G94, G9, R32, R35, T2, T4, T6, T8

Did you know? After his death, Henry IV, King of France (1589 to 1610) and Navarre (1572 to 1610), embalmed head was lost when revolutionaries ransacked the Basilica of St Denis and desecrated his grave in 1793. An embalmed head, reputed to be that of Henry IV, has passed between private collectors since. The French journalist Stephane Gabet followed leads to track down the head and in January 2010 a forensic team confirmed that it was the lost head of Henry IV. The head will be reinterred in the Cathedral Basilica of Saint Denis after a national Mass and funeral in 2011.
[Henry IV of France, Wikipedia.org]

On the 11th Day of Christmas my Ghoul Love gave to me... 400 year old heads.
Update: I was the winner at Simply Betty Stamps for this challenge!

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic colouring and a fab image. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at OSAAT. x Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colouring.

    Love the look on her face, just a great card..

    Thanks for playing at SFC, good luck..

    Huggies Angel

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab project.Thanks for sharing with us at SFC.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How different it that.....Great Card Barbara

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.