Friday, December 10, 2010

Lola

I made this card using Lola for the 7th Day of Christmas Challenge at Simply Betty Stamps. The challenge is to create a card or project using one of their Emo stamps and this is my newest arrival. We were also challenged to use the colors lime green, turquoise and purple - it wasn't easy to pick the right papers but I finally found a combination that I liked. The colors are soft so click on the pictures for a larger view of the subtle details.


The sprig used has pastel purple flowers and green petal which add a subtle look. The gift was used from a miscellaneous stamp then cut and put on top of Lola's hand with a foam dot to add dimension.


Challenge: Simply Betty Stamps - 12 Days of Christmas
Main Stamp: My Kids Emo World Lola (SBS)
Patterned Paper: Nana's Nursery Baby Girl (DCWV) and Mitten Weather (CC)
Copic Colors:
-skin/hair: E00, E11, R20, R24, R29, W2, W4, W6, W8
-the rest: V12, V15, BG10, BG72, BG75, G20, G21, G24

Did you know? "Mele Kalikimaka" is a Hawaiian-themed Christmas song that takes its title from the Hawaiian phrase, "Mele Kalikimaka," meaning "Merry Christmas. The song was written in 1949 by Robert Alex Anderson and has over a dozen notable versions.
[Mele Kalikimaka, Wikipedia.org]

On the 7th Day of Christmas my Ghoul Love gave to me... Emos giving Pressies.

2 comments:

  1. absolutely gorgeous work, colouring, embellies the whole thing rocks rocks rocks x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card I love all your bling, and your coloring job is lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.