Monday, December 20, 2010

Party Animals

The challenge this week at Lollipop Crafts is Fancy Folds. Your challenge to create a card or project with a different fold-type... such as gate fold, triangular fold, easel card, etc. I chose to make a step stair card which are always fun to display, however, where the card part comes in, I've never been able to figure out.


I made this project using images from Whiff of Joy's Party Animal collection and Make it Crafty's new Secrete Garden Collection plus the Big Tree. On the back panel is Lou Celebrating Monkey hanging on the Big Tree; the center panel has Gerda Celebrating Goat with Petals and Palings; and the front panel features Mouse Under Hat and Daffodil Dell.


Here's the side view which shows the fancy fold plus the easel support in the back. Each animal is attached with foam pop-up dots and each background was cut out without leaving a white border so help define each element. I went all out with embellishments that were scattered around the room... including (store bought) hand-made clay lily flowers around the base of the tree and near the title. A closer picture of the Happy Birthday title is shown below.


DT Challenge: Lollipop Crafts - Challenge #21
Challenge: Card Makin Mamas - Challenge #11 (Anything Goes)
Challenge: The Crafty Pad - Challenge #102 (Anything Goes)
Main Stamp:
Lou Celebrating Monkey, Gerda Celebrating Goat and Mouse Under Hat (WoJ) and Big Tree, Petals and Palings and Daffodil Dell (MiC)
Patterned Paper: School Spirit Collection (Crate Paper)
Copic Colors:
-tree: E35, E37, E59, G40, G82, G94, G99
-monkey: E40, E41, E42, E43, E44, E47, E49, E04
-present: YR12, YR14, YR18, C3, E08, E09, E19
-goat: E50, E51, E53, E55
-goat's stuff: BG72, BG75, BG78, YR12, YR14, YR18, W3, W5, W7, E08, E09, E19, R05
-mouse: W2, W3, W5, W7
-hat: YR12, YR14, YR18, BG72, BG75, BG78, E08, E09, E19, R05
-flora/ground: E41, E42, E43, E44, E47, E49, YR12, YR14, YR18, E08, E09, E19, R05, G40, G82, G94, G99, YR20, YR21, YR23, C1, C3, C5, G20, G21, G24, G28, BG93, BG96, BG99


Did you know? Ladle Rat Rotten Hut is the story of Little Red Riding Hood written using English words, but never the correct ones, in the genre called homophonic transformation.Howard L. Chace, a professor of French, wrote it in 1940 to demonstrate that the intonation of spoken English is almost as important to the meaning as the words themselves. It was first published in Gene Sherman's "Cityside" column in the Los Angeles Times in 1953.
[Ladle Rat Rotten Hut, Wikipedia.org]

10 comments:

  1. WOWSERS!! This is amazing. I knew you were up to something good but you totally blew my expectations out of the water! I can't believe you CUT around those daffodils!!!! hmmm might have to make sure you have my address for this one.. oh shucks my birthday isn't until late next year... heehee just fabulous hun. hugs xxxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, Barbara! This is absolutely gorgeous! So much to see! Love all the details! Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Out of this world. You just keep getting better and better! Lets get together.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are officially a hero in my books!! Whoa!! Never mind your gorgeous colouring - the prospect of all that delicate cutting would make me WEEP!!! This is one of the coolestg cards I've ever seen!!
    Oh, and re colouring the drummer boy...I did it all totally against the rules, started with deepest greens, kept adding lighter greens alternating with patches of yellow and worked my way down to lightest colour. Then I went over it again, just dabbing extra patches of red and green where I felt it was needed and then dabbed the patches with a bit of lighter shades to blend them in. Basically I just went mad and experimented, lol As to how I chose the colours - erm, just had baskets with green and yellows in front of me and kept picking out the ones I thought would work. That's how I never wrote anything down :D
    And challenges do NOT pay off, to be honest. I've won couple of things but not much. I guess it's half habit, half an attempt to promote images a little since some DT members do pop down for commenting. Plus if you use felineplayful.blogspot.com the work is done for you and it goes very fast!
    Have a wondeful Christmas time!
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  5. erm, not red and green, yellow and green...duh

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow that is amazing!!!Such a gorgeous creation im drooling LOL! Thanks for playing along with The Crafty Pad and Merry Christmas! Hugz Sal xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW..your card is amazing...so many details and the coloring!!! BEAUTIFUL. I am so impressed. Thanks so much for joining us at The Crafty Pad this week. Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it, love it, love it. Fabulous card. Thanks for taking part at The Crafty Pad this week and a Happy Christmas to you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy Smokes, this is awesome!! I love the scene you created!! Such a fun card!!! I hope you had a lovely Christmas!!
    ~Lacey
    www.stampandcreate.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Barbara, what a phenomenal creation!! Fantastic!!
    Katharina xx

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.