Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Tangled Jude

I made this card for the 3rd Day of Christmas challenge! The challenge is to incorporate a creepy Christmas tree with any Simply Betty Stamps image; I used Tangled Jude. He's been paired up with Christmas Mice from Elizabeth O Dulemba and even though it's on the cutsie side... thinking about rodents on my Christmas tree would be very creepy! (Especially if they were singing! Ha!)


Challenge: Totally Gorjuss - Challenge #58 (use a tree)
Challenge: Simply Betty Stamps - 12 Days of Christmas
Main Stamp: Jude and his Shenanigan Crew Tangled Jude (SBS) and Christmas Mice (EOD)
Patterned Paper: The Christmas Combo (DCWV)
Metal Die: My Favorite Things Die-namics Notebook Edge
Copic Colors:
E00, E11, E55, E57, E59, T0, C1, C3, C5, YR21, YR23, YR24, R35, R37, R39, B91, B93, B97, B95, YG93, YG95, YG97, YG99, E04

Did you know? The origin of the Christmas Tree is obscured by uncertainties of oral history from pre-literate European cultures. However, according to Christian lore, the Christmas tree is associated with St Boniface and the German town of Geismar. Sometime in St Boniface's lifetime (c. 672-754) he cut down the tree of Thor in order to disprove the legitimacy of the Norse gods to the local German tribe. St. Boniface saw a fir tree growing in the roots of the old oak. Taking this as a sign of the Christian faith, he said "...let Christ be at the center of your households..." using the fir tree as a symbol of Christianity.
On the 3rd Day of Christmas my Ghoul Love gave to me... festive little mice.

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha!! I have to agree, I'd be alittle creeped out by the rodents on my tree... and then what would
    HAPPEN to the rodents AND tree...when my cat saw them! YIKES! LOL
    GREAT job with the 3rd Day Challenge! So glad you're keeping with us!
    cheers
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card and your choice of stamps. Keep up the good work and I can't wait until you do another one...You'r coloring is right on...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful Barbara! He looks just like my nephew!

    Thx for joining us at Totally Gorjuss!

    Mary J xxx

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.