Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Miss Anya Love

Today is What's Up Wednesday at Club Anya and Friends and I have a wonderful tutorial over there to look at! I altered Miss Anya Love for this card, giving her a longer dress to look more like a princess. In the background I colored up another Carriage of Love from Make it Crafty.


Here's a look at Miss Anya's new long dress which I image is made out of soft velvet with gold satin trim. I used the same colors on her as I did with the carriage so they would match. I also added glitter to her headband, areas of her dress and her shoes, of course.


The laser cut hearts are covered with light yellow and lavender liquid pearls and then added one to each corner. I "sprinkled" on a few self-stick gems and finished one corner with a bow and charm. I used a large Nestabilities die for the background used foam dots to attach it to the base of the card so the whole front stands outward. Anya is also on foam dots which adds another layer and dimension to the card.


DT Post: Club Anya & Friends - What's Up Wednesday
Challenge: Copic Creations - Challenge #41 (Sparkle)
Main Stamp:
[altered image of] Miss Anya Love (TGF) and Carriage of Love (MiC)
Patterned Paper: Sweet (DCWV)
Laser Cut Embellishments: Love Heart Swirls (MiC)
Metal Die: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Seventeen
Copic Colors:
-face/hair: E000, E00, E11, E13, R12, W1, W4, W6, W8
-the rest: C00, C1, C3, B41, Y32, Y35, Y38, V12, V15, V17, B09, R20, R21, R22, 0

Did you know? St. John's Cathedral is an Anglican church perched on a hilltop in St. John's, Antigua. The present cathedral was built on a fossilized reef, in 1845, and is now in its third incarnation, as earthquakes in 1683 and in 1745 destroyed the previous structures. When St. John's Cathedral was first built, it was criticized by ecclesiastical architects for being like "a pagan temple with two dumpy pepper pot towers", while now it is extolled as the best cathedral in the West Indian province.
[St. John's Cathedral, Wikipedia.org]

8 comments:

  1. She is Sooooooo pretty. I love the purple. I just mite have to get her...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Gorgeous! Thanks for the tutorial--Love it! I am going to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card looks awesome, I also love the carriage stamp. Thanks for the tutorial I look forward to trying it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so georgeus, I love the long dress. Shes beautifully colored too! :)
    Have a nice day. :)
    Hugs, Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. REALLY gorgeous work this week Barbara! I'm just in AWE of this card. It's stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tutorial you did on this one. Nice to know how to make a dress longer. Very cute card. I like all the hearts.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous card, love your colour scheme, the beautiful colouring of the gorgeous Anya and all your stunning details.

    Thanks so much for joining us at Copic Creations,
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, just gorgeous! So glad you could join us at Copic Creations ~ hope you can stop back tomorrow! hugz, Mary

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.