Thursday, January 13, 2011

Monster Love

I made this card using my new digi Monster Love for my very first hosted challenge! The challenge is to create a card or project using one of the free digis that my Mom and I are giving away for a limited time. I colored this guy up for Valentine's Day and also used my new Magnolia tag die! I also stitched around the card which is a sure sign that I was crafting at my Mom's house. ;D


DT Challenge: ForgottenScraps - Challenge #1
Challenge: Wags 'n Whiskers - Challenge #43 (Valentines)
Challenge: Delicious Doodles - Challenge #7 (new digi)
Challenge: CES Challenges #18 (All creatures great and small)
Challenge: Dutch Dare - Challenge #95 (Stitching)
Main Stamp:
Monster Love (LMMS)
Patterned Paper: Vintage (Creative Memories)
Corner Embellishments: Love Heart Swirls (MiC)
Metal Die: Magnolia Doohickey Vintage Tag
Copic Colors:
E40, E41, E42, E43, E44, E47, E49, R22, R24, R27, R29, R59, YG63, YG67

Did you know? The Burr Arch Truss is a combination of an arch and a multiple kingpost truss architecture design. It was invented in 1804 by Theodore Burr and used in bridges, usually covered bridges. The design principle behind the Burr arch truss is that the arch should be capable of bearing the entire load on the bridge while the truss keeps the bridge rigid. The combination of the arch and the truss provides a more stable bridge capable of supporting greater weight than either the arch or truss alone.
[Burr Truss, Wikipedia.org]


9 comments:

  1. I bet you and your mom have alot of fun together. Love how this came out.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card hun, love that monster!
    Thank you for playing along in our Delicious Doodles Challenge this week, and good luck!
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara, this is awesome!!! I love this little monster - and I love your heart flourish - it looks metalic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fab! The little monster is adorable! Thanks for joining us for the CES Challenge!
    Jane
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a funny image! thanks for joining us at DDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super card. Just fun this sweet monster.
    Thank you for playing along in our DDCC this week, and good luck!
    I hope to see you again!!
    Hugs
    Lena

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh this is great!! Fab colouring and design! Thanks for joining us this week at CES challenges! Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so in love with your colour that you use for this card..and the heart shape totally gorgeous :)

    thanks for join Dutch dare challenge :)
    hope to see you again in the next challenge

    hugs
    yenni

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fun looking creature!! Thanks for playing along with us at DDCC!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.