Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Pergamano Fairies 2

This card has been waiting for weeks to be published - and here it is finally! I made it using a Pergamano Fairy and Pond-a-Lily from Make it Crafty. Because I had bright and busy decorative papers, I keep the embellishments to a minimal and only added a few Dew Drops. The dragonfly was unplanned but I decided I didn't want to cover it so I cut it out before possitioning the fairy over that area. It worked out nicely and I didn't have to color another one!


You can see most of the background already but here is a detailed look before it was put through the Cuttlebug. I really debated about coloring the frog a different color but green would have blended in too much and orange or yellow would have been too much next to the flowers. So in the end, I used my E70's Copic colors. As a final touch, I added sparkles to the flowers and dragonfly wings - because we all need a little sparkle on our cards.


Challenge: Stampavie and More - Challenge #124 (Glitter)
Challenge: Stampin' B's - Challenge #93 (Use diecuts)
Challenge: Digi Doodle Shop - Challenge #42 (Pink & Green)
Main Stamp:
Fairies 2 (P) and Pond-a-Lily (MiC)
Patterned Paper: Olivia (BG)
Metal Die: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Two
Copic Colors:
-water: BG10, BG11, BG72
-frog: E70, E74, E79
-reeds/gravel: E41, E42, E43, E44, E49
-dragonfly/wings: BV01, BV02, G21, B000
-girl: E000, E00, E11, E3, YR220, YR21, YR24
-clothes: E70, E74, R12, R14, R46

Did you know? The national flag of the United States of America consists of thirteen equal horizontal stripes of red alternating with white, with a blue rectangle in the canton bearing fifty small, white, five-pointed stars. The fifty stars on the flag represent the 50 states and the 13 stripes represent the original thirteen colonies that became the first states in the Union. The last revision of the design was 50 years ago on July 4, 1960 with the addition of the 50th star representing the state of Hawaii.
[Flag of the United States, Wikipedia.org]

8 comments:

  1. What a cute card! Thanx for the chance to win your awesome candy! I entered my links and put the candies on my sidebar. Hope you will get even more followers.
    Hanneke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naaaaw this is just ADORABLE! Your colouring is WOW amazing, love it all!

    Hugs,
    Kellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara,
    She is a beaut! Your coloring is just phenomenal.
    Hugs,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hullo, missus!
    Yes, I did some blog-roaming on our naughty weekend ... on is free to do as she pleases while her hubby is running a half marathon. Which just HAPPENED to be on in the same city on the same weekend. Coincidences, coincidences...
    Oh well. It was a pissing rain and howling wind anyway. AND I was a reasonably dutiful wife since I actually dragged me sorry arse to the finish line to give him thumbs up and a very wet kiss. Cuz I was drenched.

    Right now my superpower of choice would be an ability to stretch and manipulate time - baaaaadly needed!

    The way you colour the facial features is utterly amazing. I am very jealous - my lil' black heart is aching to do half as good of a job!
    Hugsies
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, this is sooooo fantastic! Your coloring is simply amazing!!!

    Thanks so much for sharing with us at SAM.

    Hugs, Kiki

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous work and beautiful card!!! I love it. Thanks for joining the Stampin B's die cut challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous work Hunni. Thank you for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous creation.Your colouring is amazing.Thanks for joining us Digi Doodle Shop's Best :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.