Saturday, January 8, 2011

Prince Edward Island

Welcome to the first challenge of Make it Colourful! This week we are challenging you to use warm colors or cool colors! I made this card using three images Prince Edward Island from Mo Manning and combined it with Peaches of Plenty and Petals and Palings from Make It Crafty.


As you can tell I chose to use warm colors for my card and tried to pull it all out with a warm sunset background. I also found the perfect girl image to go with it.


Challenge: Make it Colourful - Challenge #1
Challenge: Fab 'n Funky - Challenge #54 (Anything Goes)
Challenge: Papertake Weekly Challenge (Anything Goes)
Challenge: PaperCrafting Journey - Challenge #1 (Use digi)
Main Stamp:
Prince Edward Island (MM), Peaches of Plenty and Petals & Pailings (MiC)
Patterned Paper: Togetherness (CC)
Copic Colors:
-sky: R000, R00, R12, YR000, Y000, Y0000
-girl: E00, E11, R02, R05, R21,
-clothes: GB72, B72, BG75, BG78, C1, C3, C00, YR20, YR21, YR23, E41, E42, E43, E44, E47
tree: E43, E44, E47, G40, G82, G99, YR00, YR02
fence: C1, C3
ground flora: G40, G82, G99, G21, G24, G28, BG93, BG96, BG99, YG93, YG95, YG99, Y35, Y38, E41, E42, E43, R02, R05

Did you know? A chamber organ is a mini pipe organ, often with only one keyboard and without separate pedal pipes, that is placed in a small room. It is often confined to chamber organ repertoire, as often the organs have too little voice capabilities to rival the grand pipe organs in the performance of the classics. The sound and touch are unique to the instrument, sounding nothing like a large organ with few stops drawn out, but rather much more intimate.
[Chamber Organ, Wikipedia.org]

13 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this!
    It looks just like Anne from Green Gables! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable.
    I love the scene you have created and the coloring is super.
    Hugs Maz

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! I love the sunset in the background, the girl does look like Anne! Thanks for the link to Make it Crafty to buy the scenic digis!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barbara this is adorable! I love this girl, don't think I've seen her before. Beautiful colouring. Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card! I love the sunset in the background and the combination of images you used. I agree with everyone, she does remind me of Anne of Green Gables! Beautiful work! hugs, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm such a HUGE Anne of Green Gables fan... this is just so great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Barbara, this is just adorable. It so looks like Anne of Green Gables, excellent choice of colors and fabulous job of shading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous! I came over to make a comment for the card you did for Lollipop Crafts, and saw this one and had to make a comment. Your work is fantastic. I became a follower just to see what you come up with next. Hugs, dj

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Barbara! OMGoodness, your card is amazing! What a perfect little sweetheart to go with your gorgeously colored background. I love it. hugz, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. this one wants to make me go traveling. Just adorable and I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what a beautiful card - your colouring is fabulous!

    Thanks for joining us at PCj for our first challenge and I look forward to seeing you again soon!

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  12. ahhh, this reminds me of anne from green gables and i LOVE those books. can't wait to share them with my girls when they are a bit older.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely love this card but I absolutely love all your cards! I am beginning to run out of things to say. Soon I'll need to refer to a thesaurus! hugs xxoo

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.