Monday, January 24, 2011

Sweet Anya

It's another Mystery Monday at Club Anya & Friends and today it's my turn to host! I chose to CASE a great card by Claudine Poch that featured a versatile layout for any occasion. This is also my last challenge as the January Guest Designer and I had so much fun being on the team! So with big HUGS, I say "Thanks TGF and Club Anya!!"


I made this card using an all time favorite Sweet Anya, of course. I also wanted to use some cork and thought it would be fun to cut it out using the lace doily die - it turned out better than I had hopped so I'll be borrowing that die from my Mom again! :D If you're keeping track of my details on painting the chipboards, I covered this wing embellishment with Liquid Pearls again. It appears to be my favorite method but I have yet to get my embossing powders out of the closet. As a final touch, I added glitter to a few areas of the clothing and white polka-dots on the shirt.

DT Challenge: Club Anya & Friends - Mystery Monday
Challenge: Stampin' Royalty - Challenge #55 (things with wings)
Challenge: Creative Inspirations - Challenge #95 (patchwork)
Challenge: Color Throw Down - Challenge #125 (green, pink, kraft)
Challenge: Truly Scrumptious - Challenge #49 (pink, brown, green)
Challenge: Flutter By Wednesday (open + fairies and wing)
Main Stamp: Sweet Anya (TGF)
Patterned Paper: Once Upon a Springtime (Graphics 45) and Vintage (CM)
Metal Die: My Favorite Things Die-namics Decorative Doily
Copic Colors:
-skin: E000, E00, E11, E13, R12
-hair: E42, E43, E44, E47, E79
-clothes: YG91, TG93, YG95, YG97, R01, R02, R05, E50, E51, E53

Did you know? The Low Head Lighthouse is Australia's oldest continuously used pilot station and was the third lighthouse to be constructed in Australia. The original tower, 15.25 meters (50.0 ft) high, was known as the "Georgetown Station" but by the 1880s, the original stone tower had fallen into a state of disrepair. It was demolished in 1888 and replaced with the present double brick structure with a new lantern room and apparatus. This light is now unmanned and automated.
[Low Head Lighthouse, Wikipedia.org]

10 comments:

  1. lovely card !
    have a nice day,
    greetings, martina
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful card hun :) Thanks for joining in this week with our challenge of Patchwork over at Creative Inspirations Wednesday's Challenge Blog! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet Barbara~! Love the angel wing too.
    Kristy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Barbara love the cute Anya, and gosh that cork has cut well - must try that sometime!!

    So glad you could join us at Truly Scrumptious,
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cutie! I love the embellishments that make this card special.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet! Thanks so much for playing the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, lovely card! Thanks for joining us this week at Wednesday’s Creative Inspirations Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a gorgeous card Barbara. Love the image you've used and the papers also. Thanks for joining us this week at TS. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Barbara! I was looking to see who won this CASE challenge on Club Anya and I can't find it... can you help? thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.