Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sweet Valentine Ben

I made this small box following the Labels 17 Box by Alice tutorial over at Whiff of Joy's Inspirations & Tutorial Blog. If you haven't been there, you seriously need to go visit! It's the cream of the crop when it comes to inspiring ideas and fun how-to's! Anyway, when I saw this cute box I had to give it a go.


I used the adorable Sweet Valentine Ben as the main image, and yes, just like the Magnolia's, I gave him a nose too. :D I altered the box dimensions a little by making it only 1/2" in depth because I'm going to use is as gift card holder. I added minimal embellishments because I wanted Ben to be the star in this show and the big white bow is what keeps it securely closed.


Challenge: Whiff of Joy - Guest Designer Call
Challenge: Pear Tree Designs - Challenge #32 (Free for all)
Challenge: Stamps R Us - Challenge #12 (shaped cards)
Challenge: The Creative Cottage - Challenge #31 (shaped cards)
Challenge: Color Chef Challenge #70 (B/W, ocean & bright green)
Challenge: Craft Your Days Away - Challenge #12 (Love)
Main Stamp:
Sweet Valentine Ben (WoJ)
Patterned Paper: Oliver (BG)
Metal Die: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Seventeen and Labels Ten
Copic Colors:
-skin: E000, E00, E11, E13, R12
-hair: E42, E43, E44, E47, E49
-clothes: B93, B95, B97 B99, T0, T2, T4, T6, G12, G14, G7
-other: R20, R21, R22, G12, G14, G7, R32, R35, R37, E39, T0, T2

Did you know? The American Quarter Horse is an American breed of horse that excels at sprinting short distances. Its name came from its ability to outdistance other breeds of horses in races of a quarter mile or less; some individuals have been clocked at speeds up to 55 mph (88.5 km/h). The American Quarter Horse is the most popular breed in the United States today, and the American Quarter Horse Association is the largest breed registry in the world, with more than 4 million American Quarter Horses registered.
[American Quarter Horse, Wikipedia.org]

Update: I was the winner at Stamps R Us for this challenge!

14 comments:

  1. Wow! I absolutely love this image! Great coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is stunning! Gorgeous colouring of cute Ben and fabulous details! hugs, Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, what is he stunning !!! so proud ! great crafting,
    greetings,
    martina
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I LOVE this one! Love your coloring and the gorgeous layout of the box and the materials you used. I think this just HAS to make you a GD member at Whiff of Joy.

    xxx
    Mariska

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is adorable! he could bring me a pressie any day! Thanks for joining us at PTD this week, good Luck

    hugs

    Katrina

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun project, and such an adorable image! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful once again!! And I love the nose!! I had to look twice to check if it was really Ben...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card
    Fantastic colouring
    Thanks for playing along at Creative Cottage

    mandi xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That image is aweomse! Love it!! Beautiful coloring! Love the box!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! What a beautiful box, I love the image and colours. Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Days Away for our love challenge, good luck xxx

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.