Sunday, February 13, 2011

Cupid Ridley

I have something fun for today... I'm the Guest Designer for Quirky Craft's Challenges #4 this week! Remember the Miss Anya Dressy I made a while back? Yep, that was the winner. So now I get to briefly join in with the team today and bring you this card using Cupid Ridley, from the sponsor Digital Delights.


The challenge theme is "Recycled Romance: use something in your creation that would normally be thrown away and not designed for crafting plus combine it with a Valentines theme." On my card I used a broken zipper, a used cake-plate doily (shhh... I had to grab a fresh clean one to use! he he), and finally a gold foil candy wrapper (which really was from the trash can, go figure!).


DT Challenge: Quirky Craft's Challenges #4 (recycle)
Challenge: A Spoon Full of Sugar - Challenge #138 (love)
Challenge: Everybody Art - Challenge #128 (Valentine)
Challenge: Scrap-Creations Challenge #8 (animal antics)
Main Stamp:
Cupid Ridley (Digital Delights)
Patterned Paper: Animal Crackers (DCWV)
Copic Colors:
-raccoon: T0, T2, T4, T6, T8, W10
-other: 0, B000, R32, R35, R37, R39, E42, E43, E44

Did you know? Susto is a cultural illness, specifically a "fright sickness" with strong psychological overtones. Susto comes from the Portuguese, and Spanish word for "fright" (i.e. sudden intense fear, as of something immediately threatening). The onset of the disease generally follows a sudden frightening experience. Research shows that knowledge of the existence of susto is a major contributing factor in improving the condition.
[Susto, Wikipedia.org]

5 comments:

  1. pretty, original card !
    greetings, martina
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card! I love how you used the zipper, so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very great idea, very unique design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very ADOREable! I love the colors ad the zipper is just FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous!!
    Hope you enjoyed working with our Digital Stamps too:)
    Hugs
    Wendy (aka Louby Loo)
    Digital Delights

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.