Monday, February 14, 2011

Flirty Seniors

I thought this would be a great card to save for today to say Happy Valentines Day! So now it's up to your interpretation as to that wink... personally I think she just about to topple his chair over. :D After all, you *have* to do something for fun when there is nothing else left to do other than sit on the porch. ;D


I made this card using Flirty Seniors and embellished it with all sorts of things including a library clip and film strip. I would have enjoyed sewing for real around the edges but unfortunately this isn't one I made at my Mom's house. But tomorrow I have all sorts of sewing goodies to see. ;D


Challenge: Pals Paper Art - Challenge #77 (sketch)
Main Stamp: Flirty Seniors (MiC)
Patterned Paper: Earth Love (CC)
Metal Die: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Seventeen
Copic Colors:
-skin/hair: E000, E00, E11, E13, R12, R22, E04, W00, W02, W5, W6
-clothes: E70, E71, E74, E77, E79, E93, E95, E97, E99, YR20, YR21, YR23, YR24, G40, E82, G94, G99
-other: BG10, BG11, BG72, BG75, C00, C1, C3, W00, W2, T0, T2, T4

Did you know? The Valentines honored on February 14 are Valentine of Rome and Valentine of Terni. Valentine of Rome was a priest in Rome who was martyred about AD 269 and was buried on the Via Flaminia. Valentine of Terni became bishop of Interamna about AD 197 and is said to have been martyred during the persecution under Emperor Aurelian. No romantic elements are present in the original early medieval biographies of either of these martyrs. By the time a Saint Valentine became linked to romance in the 14th century, distinctions between Valentine of Rome and Valentine of Terni were utterly lost.
[Valentine's Day, Wikipedia.org]

4 comments:

  1. I used this stamp recently too, isn't it womderful!! You did an awesome job coloring it and I love the vintagey embellishments. fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your colouring.
    I bought this stamp just beacause of your gorgeous colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe....this is way cute!!! Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ain't this toooo gorgeous!!! I cannot colour the way you do. . . simply BEAUTIFUL !

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.