Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Pergamano Fairies 1

I made this card using another cute fairy from Pergamano who just turned this little tomato into a stage coach for a princess! Ha ha, get it? Instead of a pumpkin it was a tomato because it was red, although it could have equaly been an eggplant from the purple! Okay, I'll save my dry humor for another day. LOL.


I used the Carriage of Love from Make it Crafty and this time went with deep rich colors. I "tried" to keep the embellishments minimal but ended up adding dragonfly brads and lots of gems anyway plus lots of glitter on the fairy.


Main Stamp: Pergamano Fairies 1 (P) and Carriage of Love (MiC)
Patterned Paper: Cambridge (SU)
Copic Colors:
-face/hair: E000, E00, E11, R12, V12, V15, V17
-wings: V12, BV01, BV02, B41
-the rest: E40, E41, E42, E43, E44, E47, Y32, Y35, Y38, R35, R37, R39, V12, V15, V17

Did you know? Groundhog Day is a holiday celebrated on February 2 in the United States and Canada and is rooted from a German superstition. According to folklore, if it is cloudy when a groundhog emerges from its burrow on this day, it will leave the burrow, signifying that winter-like weather will soon end. If it is sunny, the groundhog will supposedly see its shadow and retreat back into its burrow, and the winter weather will continue for six more weeks.
[Groundhog Day, Wikipedia.org]

6 comments:

  1. This is quite lush and overall just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely card and such nice colours and embellishments!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! I love your card!! One day I will be able to do just as beautiful colouring as you do! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! I love these wee fairies... And the tomato coach is fab!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.