Saturday, March 26, 2011

Alva with Flower

I used one of my newest Magnolia stamps and this one comes with her own face! This is Alva and she must be one of the older ones but she is perfect for all seasons. The challenge this week at Make it Colourful is to color backgrounds. I used the Fairy Tree House and colored it with the same colors as Alva to help the images naturally match.


There is so much details on the house and a lot of it I didn't notice until I started coloring, like the fence in front. I think this house can be combined with a variety of images and there are endless ways to color it.


DT: Make it Colourful Challenge #12 (coloring backgrounds)
Main Stamp:
Alva with Flower (Mag) and Fairy Tree House (MiC)
Patterned Paper: Stella and Rose Mabel (MME)
Chipboard: Frame Corner Flourishes (MiC)
Copic Colors:
-skin: E000, E00, E11, E13, R11, R12
-hair: E53, E55, E57
-other: E42, E43, E44, E47, E49, G21, G24, G28, B0000, B00, C1, C3, C5, YR21, YR12, YR14, YR18, R27, BG11, BG72, BG75, BG78, R22, R24, R29, R59, Y11, Y32, Y35, Y38

Did you know? Tap dance is a form of dance characterized by a tapping sound that is created from metal plates attached to both the ball and heel of the dancer's shoe. These metal plates, when tapped against a suitable surface, create a percussive sound and as such tap dance is a form of dance as well as the act of playing a musical instrument.
[Tap Dance, Wikipedia.org]

17 comments:

  1. Amazing coloring on this Magnolia image and she fits perfectly with this MIC digi image! I love how you've colored Alva's features. Beautiful work, Barbara! hugs, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I love it! The house is amazing and I love that Alva has a face! I find some of the Magnolia images a bit creepy with only eyes. Gorgeous colouring!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow this is such a great scene. You have coloured her face so beautifly, just look alive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is simply fantabulous, Barbara! Alva and the fairy tree house is a match made in heaven! Love how you coloured her cheeks too! Makes me want to pinch them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is just gorgeous. I love the stamps and so beautifully coloured!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is amazing! Even though I am not a big fan of Magnolia's (because of their faces), little Alva is adorable and so full of life with how you have colored her! I have the fairy house image, but am a bit intimidated to begin coloring. Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is oh so pretty! What a perfect background for this little cutie! Fantastic!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOWZER!! This is absolutely amazing!! What a gorgeous coloring job and beautiful design!! TFS! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous Barbara! I am so wowed by your detailed colouring especially on Alva's facial features. She just comes to life with your colouring. Your combo of images makes for a fabulous whimsical scene. Hugs, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just as cute as it can be Just Barbara! I love living in a pretend world - very trouble free and full of love!!! Speaking of love, I love your card!!
    Hugs
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is just stunting! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous Barbara! Love Alva and her colouring, you've done a fab job on her face. This treehouse is fun but its a lot of work to colour! Love it!
    Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great coloring and a great card altogether!
    Love it!
    Hugs, Iulia

    ReplyDelete
  14. FABULOUS!! Alva's cheeks and eyes are incredible!!! Totally want to squeeze em. And the fairy house is absolutely divine. Yes you are right - lots of detail on that one and I had the same thing happen when I was colouring with the fence. hahaa
    hugs xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Barbara... this is stunning! Love how you've coloured Alva, her face is perfect! I have the fairy house, but haven't tackled it yet... I doubt I'll get it to look anywhere near as grand as yours ;)
    Gorgeous card... I'm JEALOUS! LOL!

    Hugs, meesh. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG, Barbara....I adore this magnificent card!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Your coloring is over-the-top GORGEOUS and the design and details are phenomenal. This is a spectacular creation! Clap, clap,clap!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cool and beautiful coloring on these images Barbara. The design is just as awesome. Thanks for sharing :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.