Sunday, March 27, 2011

Bookworm Tia

This is actually a card I've been working on for several days now and the challenge I originally printed her out for had closed. However, never fear, there's always another around the corner. :D This is Bookworm Tia and the new challenge is to pleat something. I wanted to add pleats to her dress but I think they look more like puckers instead so I pleated the yellow paper in the background and sewed it to the card.


Challenge: Some Odd Girl Pleat Something Challenge
Main Stamp:
Bookworm Tia (SOG)
Patterned Paper: scraps
Chipboard: Love Heart Swirls (MiC)
Metal Die: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Seventeen and My Favorite Things Die-namics Cloud Trio Die
Copic Colors:
-skin/eyes: E000, E00, E11, E13, R11, R12, B91, B93, B95, B97, B99
-hair: E42, E43, E44, E47, E49
-clothes: YR18, YR14, YR12, Y21, Y20
-other: , G24, E42, R22, R24, R29, R59

Did you know? First Book is a non-profit organization based out of Washington D.C. and was designed to help get books into the hands of children who need them the most. Working with existing literacy programs such as Head Start centers, libraries, and after school initiatives, First Book ensures preschools and education programs have "age appropriate" books and evoke children's interest in reading. In their first year, First Book distributed approximately 12,000 books to three communities and has since distributed millions of books to children across the nation.
[First Book, Wikipedia.org]

17 comments:

  1. Very cute, love how you have coloured her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow i just love looking at your cards ...you do an amazing job on them


    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's such an adorable character to colour and I must say I love her hair colour! :) She also reminds me of a younger me, when I always had my nose buried under the book, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH I absolutely love it!! Fab coloring.. Very lovely work.. Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your colouring is just beautiful, especially the dress ruffles! Thanks for joining us ODDies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is absolutely stunning! I love your coloring! Thanks for joining us on Some Odd Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so darling! i love the butterflies and your coloring is AWESOME!

    Thanks for playing with us at some odd girl

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! absolutely amazing coloring!!! such a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous! Fabulous colouring! Those pleats look great too!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow! My jaw dropped when I came to peek at what you were up to today!! Your colouring has left me speechless ~ WOW amazing. Hugs, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just... frtt - no. Knschh... no... There are no words. Too fan-friggin-tastic!!!!!!!!!!! The colouring is... once again - speechless. ;D

    Thanks so much for the inspiration!!

    / Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  12. I lovelovelove how you do faces and am utterly jealous of those cute lil folds on her dress!!
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful! Your coloring is just amazing! I love the clothes especially! Thanks for being Odd with us!

    ReplyDelete
  14. ooohhhh, BARBARA! love this. the colours are SO up my alley! i think Tia's skirt looks fabulous, whether it's pleated or puckered, so NYEAH! :p so glad you're enjoying the SOGgies, and SO thrilled you joined the Odd Girls for yet another challenge! MWAH! xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW!! I love your coloring and the gorgeous color-combinations.

    Thanks for being ODD with us!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning card Barbara, your colouring is devine. Thanks for joining our challenge on Some Odd Girl.
    Caz
    x

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.