Friday, April 22, 2011

Basil

Come meet the newest Sugar 'n Spice Doll over at Little Miss Muffet Stamps! Her name is Basil and she waiting with a wink to get her marshmallows roasted! Basil was inspired by our last family camp out. For smores we found chocolate with caramel in the middle and used that in place of the solid chocolate bar... it was yummy!


I dug through my charm bin and found this owl - it was the perfect one for this card. I tied it simply with twine and looped it around the twill tape. This twill tape is from Stampin Up and they have it in three different sizes - perfect for what I was doing.


I found these self-adhesive gemstone on the bottom of the pile but though they would like like stars once I got them added to the card. It was a fun experiment that worked and the results are "astronomical!"


Here's a side glance of the card ... and again you can see that I kept it as flat as possible. I was running low on mailable cards so this week I've been trying to stock back up!

I'd like to enter the following challenges:
Sunday Sketch & Stamp Challenge #51 (sketch flipped)
Cupcake Crafts Challenge #138 (layers - paper & clothes)
KB Cute Monday Challenge (Birthday)
Stamp with Fun Challenge #107 (Birthday)
Ooh La La Creations Challenge #78 (aqua, bling and sentiment)


DT: Little Miss Muffet Sneak Peeks
Main Stamp:
Basil (LMMS)
Patterned Paper: Stella and Rose Hattie (MME)

Copic Markers colored on Copy Paper:
-skin tone: E11, E21, E13, E15, E25
-hair: W2, W4, W6, W8
-browns: E40, E41, E41; E55, E57, E59
-reds: R22, R24, R29
-yellows: YR30, Y21, Y35, Y26
-greens: BG70, BG72, BG75
-blues: B0000, B01; B91, B93, B34, B37, B39

Did you know? A barcode is an optical machine-readable representation of data, which shows data about the object to which it attaches. Originally, barcodes represented data by varying the widths and spacings of parallel lines, and may be referred to as linear or 1 dimensional (1D). Later they evolved into rectangles, dots, hexagons and other geometric patterns in 2 dimensions (2D). Although 2D systems use a variety of symbols, they are generally referred to as barcodes as well.
[Barcode, Wikipedia.org]

Update: I was selected in the top three at Ooh La La Creations for this challenge!

9 comments:

  1. She's so cute! I love the marshmellows.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is just the cutest! Love all the elements on your card. Wish I was back in Texas! (We were there in Jan.) It's still cold here, no roasting marshmallows yet, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous work, I love all the layers. Thanks for joining us this week at CCC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card. Fab coloring and I love the little owl!

    Thanks for playing with us at Stamp with fun.

    ~ Heike

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card! Thanks for dropping into OLL to share it with us. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute Barbara! That owl charm is just perfect for this card too!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too cute! Great colouring and fabby embellies. Hugs, Ree

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This is FANTASTIC! Fabulous embellies and layout! We hope you will be back next week to join us at OLLCB!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.