Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Butterfly Kisses

This card is actually made from so many "wishes" and "first tries" that I'm surprised it turned out at all. ;D I wanted to experiment with the newest Copic colors and a few Fluorescent ones too. Plus it was fun to use a new Nestabilities Die!


This Nestabilities Die was fun and I cut out extra whie papers to help it look more like a book. On the heart, I discovered using Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabbers to cover the lasercut chipboard and it worked out well. The dabbing leaves a nice texture and on this heart I went over it again with a second color for depth.


I merged two images before printing instead of layering one on top of the other which made it easier to color. Speaking of which, some new colors were used on this image too... the yellow shirt (YR30), birds (BG70), leaves (YG61), shoes (E81, E87), and shorts (FB2)! The skin tone is a new combo shared to me by Annika and I rather like it.


Main Stamp: Butterfly Kisses (LMMS) and Ivy Swing (MiC)
Patterned Paper: Neighborhood (Crate Paper)
Chipboard: Love Heart Swirls (MiC) covered with Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabber Red Poppy and Gold
Metal Die: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Seven and My Favorite Things Die-namics Jumbo Scallop

Copic Markers colored on Copy Paper:

-skin tone: E000, E00, E21, E11
-browns: E70, E71, E74, E77, E41, E42, E43, E81, E87
-reds: R12, R14
-oranges: YR12, YR14, YR18
-yellows: YR30, YR31, YR26
-greens: YG61, YG63, YG97, YG67
-blues: BG70, BG72, BG75, FB2, B12, B14
-pinks: RV10, RV11, RV14
-grays: W2, W4, W6, W8

Did you know? Fluorescence is the emission of light by a substance that has absorbed light or other electromagnetic radiation of a different wavelength. In most cases, emitted light has a longer wavelength, and therefore lower energy, than the absorbed radiation. The most striking examples of fluorescence occur when the absorbed radiation is in the ultraviolet region of the spectrum, and thus invisible, and the emitted light is in the visible region.
[Fluorescent, Wikipedia.org]

3 comments:

  1. Your card is gorgeous and you did a fabulous job with your new markers!
    Hugs Bonie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I want to join her in that wonderful happy book.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful, I love this image, Wish I could swap places with her for a few hours lol. hugs Donna x

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.