Thursday, April 28, 2011

Monster Love

It's another challenge at Little Miss Muffet Challenges blog and our theme this week is almost any anything goes. The theme is diecuts or punches! I used three border diecuts on mine to create vertical interest.. Notebook Edge, Jumbo Scallop and Scallopped Scallop.


I had actually colored this monster about two monts ago and he's been sitting all alone on my deks since then! So I grabbed some blue paper to match and gave this guy a place to shine. I used a couple chipboard embellishmens, as leaves this time, and covered them both is Adirondack Acrylic Paint Daubers. I love how the silver goes along side that blue!


As you can see, I used googlie eyes again - first, to cover a mistake I made on the eye and second, because they're darn ca-ute. The gem embellishment was in the bargin bin at Michals and the flower center is from Whiff of Joy.



I'd like to enter into the following challenges:
AiFactory Challenge #078 (anything goes)
Digi Doodle Shop's Best Challenge #56 (anything goes)
Moving Along with The Times Challenge #96 (anything goes)
Paper Crafting Journey Challenge #9 (bling)
Paper Romance Challenges #48 (summer)

Main Stamp: Monster Love (Co.)
Patterned Paper: Grade School (DCWV)
Chipboard: Flower Leaf Swirls (MiC)
Metal Die: My Favorite Things Die-namics Notebook Edge, Jumbo Scallop, and Scallopped Scallop

Copic Markers colored on Copy Paper:
E33, E35, E57, E59, 0, C1, C3, E04, BG10, BG11, BG72, BG75, R20, R21, R22, R24, R29, R59, E000, E00, E21, E11, B41, B34, B95, B97, E41, E43

Did you know? In botany, flora has two meanings: A flora refers to the plant life occurring in a particular region; A Flora refers to a book or other work describing a flora and including aids for the identification of the plants. The term "flora" comes from Latin language Flora, the goddess of flowers in Roman mythology. The corresponding term for animal life is fauna. Flora, fauna and other forms of life such as fungi are collectively referred to as biota. Some classic and modern floras are listed below.
[Flora, Wikipedia.org]

15 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Barbara! Snap! We used the same image this week! He is definitely one of my favourites. I love him in blue!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your card! Monster looks great in blue!
    With best wishes,
    Viktoria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Barbara and your little monster actually looks fluffy, how do you do that? hugs Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the blue tones, this turned out really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cute card!!! I must get my act together and join in on one of your challenges!!! Love all your images!! Thanks for joining us at PCJ!!! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cute! He is just gorgeous! Love the LO & the notebook punch is fab (think I need that one lol)

    Thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is super fab!
    Love the colours and the googly eyes are just perfect!
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week.
    Good luck.
    {{Debs}}xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Defo got lovely bling going on there!! I've got some of those gogly eyes hoping to use them on kiddies cards but all the kiddies i know are girls so of course i end up going all pink and blingy!!
    thanks for sharing at Pcj
    Zahreen
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card. Thanks so much for joining MAWTT this week. Please come back again.
    Hugs
    Valxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So lovely and cute. Thanks for joining us at DDSB
    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your colour combo is perfect Babs and such a lovely layout to put Mr Monster on. Thanks for sharing with us at Digi Doodles Shops Best.
    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. love that little monster and the gems and swirls look lovely! Thanks for joining the ‘Anything Goes Challenge’ at DDSB
    Debbie Dt x
    (Visit my blog, I have candy! http://ribbondreams.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so pretty! Love your bling. Thanks for joining us over at PCJ.

    Hugs,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very Cute - great paper choices x
    Thanks for joining in with us at paper crafting journey this week x
    ((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.