Friday, April 22, 2011

Monster Pains

Check out this newest release over at Little Miss Muffet Stamps! This is Monster Pains and boy, is he in some monster pains! I had so much fun drawing up this little guy and actually had to remove some bandages and bruises just to get a better look at him - after all, he's in the recovery phase and walking around already!


I enjoy using these Kids Quotes stamps from Inkadinkadoo and this one was a great fit. This quote was credited to Alyssa Knight, Age 12.


I kept the embellishments minimal and as flat as possible so I could use it as a Get Well card. Those usually go out in two ways... either attached to a dinner or out in the mail. So just in case it would end up in the mail I stuck with the flat stuff.


On my latest shopping spree I ordered some felt and dies from My Favorite Things. I've enjoyed using the clouds so much that I had to pick up the sun too. I like using felt for the added texture and it kinda gives me that "warm" feeling that I hope the recipient gets too. ;D

I'd like to enter the following challenges:
Crafty Hos' Recipe Challenge (one digi and one rubber stamp)
Creative Cowgirls (spring time and rainy days)
Paper Sundaes Challenge #65 (texture)
Cupcake Inspiration Challenge #107 (colors)
Paper Playtime Challenge #43 (weather)


DT: Little Miss Muffet Sneak Peeks
Main Stamp:
Monster Pains (LMMS) and Count Your Rainbows (Inkadinkado)
Patterned Paper: Neighborhood (Crate Paper)
Metal Die: My Favorite Things Die-namics Clouds Trio and Sunshine

Copic Markers colored on Copy Paper:
-skin tone: E000, E00, E21, E11
-browns: E50, E53 E55
-reds: 0, R11, R12; R30, R32, R24, R29, R39
-oranges: YR12, YR14, YR18, R05
-yellows: Y32, Y35, Y26, YR20, YR21, YR12
-blues: B0000, B000, B00, B01, B02, BV31, BV23
-purples: BV31, BV32, BV35
-grays: C00, C1, C3

Did you know? Earth Day is a day that is intended to inspire awareness and appreciation for the Earth's natural environment. Earth Day was founded by United States Senator Gaylord Nelson as an environmental teach-in first held on April 22, 1970. While this first Earth Day was focused on the United States, an organization launched by Denis Hayes, who was the original national coordinator in 1970, took it international in 1990 and organized events in 141 nations. Earth Day is now coordinated globally by the Earth Day Network, and is celebrated in more than 175 countries every year.
[Earth Day, Wikipedia.org]

Update: I made the Top 5 at Cupcake Inspirations for this challenge
and selected to be the next guest designer!

Update: I was the winner at Crafty Ho's for this challenge!

Update: I made the Top 3 at Creative Cowgirls for this challenge!

6 comments:

  1. Ohhhh, the poor fella... he really does look like he's suffering but it is a fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is funny! Love it!
    Great sentiment as well! So very true!
    Thanks for joining us at Creative cowgirls challenge!
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the image, love the sentiment, love your card! Thanks for playing along with at Cupcake Inspirations this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is too too cute, I love the image and your coloring.
    thanks for playing with us at Cupcake Inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card! Love your coloring and felt clouds/sun. The sentiment is great too!
    Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

    Hugs
    Alica ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this one Barbara! The sentiment is perfect for the poor guy and I love the colours you have used for him!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.