Thursday, April 14, 2011

Monster Sweet Tooth

Welcome to the next Little Miss Muffet Challenge and theme this time is Glitter and Shine! For my shine I covered the lollipops with lacquer with a nice thick coating. The glitter comes in on the angel wing chipboard where I covered it using a pearl color, an Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabbers, and then I added Sticklets Glitter Glue to give it some details.


This was my first time using the Martha Stewart border punch and thanks to my friend on another group I just "had" to have it. I also used Arabella's fabulous idea of googly eyes on the monster - it cracks me up!


DT Challenge: Little Miss Muffet Challenge #7 (glitter or shine)

Challenges:
Designed to Delight Kidding Around Challenge (for kids)
Catch the Bug Challenges (four or more layers)
Little Claire's Challenge #4 (Spring - lots 'o candy)
Totally Gorjuss Challenge #75 (fluffy)

Main Stamp:
Monster Sweet Tooth (LMMS)
Patterned Paper: Schoolbound (DCWV)
Chipboard: Love Heart Swirls (MiC)
Metal Die: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Ten
Copic Markers colored on Copy Paper (unknown colors)


Did you know? The Celtic brooch, more properly called the penannular brooch, and its closely related type, the pseudo-penannular brooch, are types of brooch clothes fasteners, often rather large. Beginning as utilitarian fasteners in the Iron Age and Roman period, they are especially associated with the highly ornate brooches produced in precious metal for the elites of Ireland and Scotland from about 700 to 900, which are popularly known as Celtic brooches or similar terms. They are the most significant objects in high-quality secular metalwork from Early Medieval Celtic art, or Insular art, as art historians prefer to call it. The type continued in simpler forms such as the thistle brooch into the 11th century, during what is often known as the Viking Age in Ireland and Scotland.
[Celtic Brooch, Wikipedia.org]

8 comments:

  1. Too cute Barbara! The border punch looks awesome! And of course I love the googly eyes!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card Barbara, I love the googly eyes on him. hugs Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great image! Great card! Thanks for playing along with us at Catch the Bug this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely adorable!!!! Love the colors and papers you worked with! Thanks for joining us at Catch the Bug for our 4 layer challenge! I hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute card - I love the google eyes. Thanks for playing with us at Card Ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cutie.....thank you for joining Little Claire in our Spring Blog Challenge. xxGaynor LCDT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your colors are just FAB! and I love your little monster too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, love the highlights on the candy. :)
    Gorgeous coloring!
    XOXO
    Christy

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.