Friday, April 8, 2011

Nutmeg

Here's my second Sugar 'n Spice Dolls card for today which features Nutmeg! She takes after my own heart with comfy PJs that can be worn all day long. ;D As you may have noticed, each doll has a doll's tag you can look for... so far I've always colored mine red. The one on Nutmeg might be hard to spot at first but you can see that it's "sewn" into the blanket. On this card I also got to use some long forgotten embellishments... mainly the wide Satan ribbon and pink flowers.


Previews: Little Miss Muffet Challenges New Releases - Day 2
Challenge: The Corrosive Challenge #110 (pastel colors)
Challenge: Kenny K's Krafty Girlz #39 (pink)
Challenge: Paper Sundaes Challenge #63 (spring blossoms)
Main Stamp: Nutmeg (LMMS)
Patterned Paper: scraps
Chipboard: Frame Corner Flourishes (MiC)
Metal Die: Spellbinders Nestabilities Large Scalloped Oval

Copic Markers colored on Copy Paper:
-skin: E000, E00, E11, R12
-hair: E51, E53
-clothes: B91, B93, B97, BG000, BG01, BG02, BG05, BG07, BG09, R81, R85, R89, RV32, RV34, C00, C1, BV00, BV000, BV02, BV04
-monkey: E41, E42, E43, E44, R24
-other: R81, R85, R89, R22, R24, R29

Did you know? A sock monkey is a toy made from socks fashioned in the likeness of a monkey. These stuffed animals are a mixture of folk art and kitsch in the culture of the United States and Canada. The sock monkey's most direct predecessors originated in the Victorian era, when the craze for imitation stuffed animals swept from Europe into North America and met the burgeoning Arts and Crafts Movement.
[Sock Monkey, Wikipedia.org]

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Barbara! I love those stripy pajamas... she's so sweet!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love these little dolls Barbara, I just wish my colouring was as good as yours, your card is beautiful. Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Barbara! Your doll is cute! I love your colouring! With best wishes, Viktoria

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow Barbara, this is awesome image, beautifly coloured.

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome card...I love that monkey...looks like curious george :)
    thanks for showin us at KKKG, it sure made me smile.
    (please note to have a chance at the prizes you must use a kk image)

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a sweeet image Good luck in the challenges, hugs Sarah-Louise My Blog

    Designing for:
    Crafty Purple Frog , Sweet Pea Stampers ,Bearly Mine Designs and Kenny K

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.