Friday, April 29, 2011

School Girl

I haven't a clue what a spiderweb, school girl and frog all have in common except they're all from Tiddly Inks and I wanted to color them all. ;D So I chose a few of my favorite colors and put them all together anyway.


The background was colored using blues, greens and grays with the same technique I've used before - building up colors, blending and blending some more. I lost track on how many layers I added before I ended up with this result.


The challenge theme is "April Showers brings May Flowers" and wanted a rain for flower theme. I chose the rain theme and added a bunch of rain drops on the spiderweb in the background.


I first drew in the rain drops with a white pen and could have stopped there. However, I then added Crystal Effects over each rain drop for a water effect. This also gave the card texture which is fun to hold.

I'd like to submit this card into the following challenges:
Tiddly Inks Challenge #47 (April Showers)
Charisma Cardz Week #17 (April Showers)
Get Hippity with Ippity Challenge #1 (Spring/anything)

Main Stamp: School Girl & Spiderweb4 (TI)
Patterned Paper: Stella & Rose Hattie (MME)
Metal Die: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels One
Adironadack Acrylic Paint Daubers

Copic Markers colored on Copy Paper:
-skin tone: E000, E00, E11, E21, E13
-browns: E41, E42, E43, E44
-yellows: YR30, Y23, Y26
-greens: YG61, YG63, YG67
-blues: BG11, BG72, BG75
-grays: 0, C1, C3
-background: W1, W2, W4, W6, BG11, BG72, BG75, YG61, YG63, YG67

Did you know? The hurdy gurdy or hurdy-gurdy (also known as a wheel fiddle) is a stringed musical instrument that produces sound by a crank-turned rosined wheel rubbing against the strings. The wheel functions much like a violin bow, and single notes played on the instrument sound similar to a violin. Melodies are played on a keyboard that presses tangents (small wedges, usually made of wood) against one or more of the strings to change their pitch. Most hurdy gurdies have multiple "drone strings," which provide a constant pitch accompaniment to the melody, resulting in a sound similar to that of bagpipes.
[Hurdy Gurdy, Wikipedia.org]

Update: I was the winner at Charisma Cardz Challenges for this challenge!

12 comments:

  1. Barbara!!!!!!!! You've made huge work!!! Card is fantastic! I'm just speechless! gorgeous!!!
    With best wishes,
    Viktoria

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fantastic image, great coloring ! lovely card !
    greetings, martina
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! Love your shading and your DP.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That's gorgeous! Love the "dew drops" and your coloring is fantastic! hugs, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of the beautiful images put together!! Love all of the layering and textures!!

    Thanks for playing along this week at Tiddly Inks!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barbara, this is just fantastic!! :) Love, love, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww wow this is gorgeous, I loooove that hair, what a fantastic idea. Love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!! Love this card - all those Tiddly Images might not have anything in common but you sure made them have EVERYTHING in common!!! I LOVE what you did with the spiderweb. Wow - the colors and the dew drops are gorgeous! I love how you gave the school girl more depth in the face too - this is really gorgeous! thanks for playing with us this week at Tiddly Inks!
    Hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous and adorable! Thanks for joining us at Get Hippity with Ippity!

    ReplyDelete
  10. omg barbara this is just awesome, i love love love how you did her a nose and the rain drops look fantastic hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a unique cad, I LOVE it! Thanks so much for joining us at Tiddly Inks this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow this is awesome!!! love what you did with the spiderweb and raindrops. thanks for joining tiddly inks.

    greetings femke

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.