Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Sugar 'n Spice Dolls

Here the card I made using the gray samples from the in the last technique post, Tips, Tricks & Techniques 0x022, and uses all four tones of Copic grays. I arranged them in the center putting cools and warms opposite each other to balance out the difference. Then I continued to add everything else to the card too for another eclectic look. ;D


Here's a picture of all the colors used on the Sugar 'n Spice Dolls, from the top to bottom, and from coolest to warmest, the names of the images are Pepper, Peppermint, Nutmeg and Cinamon.

I used the carnival themed paper again and added various objects such as ribbon roses, linen mesh, chipboard embellishments, hat pins, film strip, ticket and carnival candy (faux of course)! Did you spot all that? Now we just need to find Waldo and we'll be set.


I'd like to enter it into the following challenges:

Aud Sentiments Challenge #26 (Anything Goes)
Just Add In Challenge #64 (chocolate wrapper color combo)
Moving Along with the Times Challenge #94 (chocolate)
Art Impressions Stamps Challenge #12 (Anything Goes)
Fashion Inspiration Challenge #89 (flowers - ribbon roses)


Main Stamp: Pepper, Nutmeg, Peppermint & Cinnamon (LMMS)
Patterned Paper: le Cirque (Graphic45)
Chipboard: Love Heart Swirls (MiC)
Metal Die: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels One and Inverted Scalloped Squares

Copic Markers colored on Copy Paper:
Pepper: C00, C1, C3, C5, C7, C9
Peppermint: 0, N1, N3, N5, N7, N9
Nutmeg: T0, T1, T3, T5, T7, T9
Cinnamon: W00, W1, W3, W5, W7, W8

Did you know? Sinbad the Sailor is a fictional sailor from Basrah, living during the Abbasid Caliphate and the hero of a story-cycle of Middle Eastern origin. During his voyages throughout the seas east of Africa and south of Asia, he has fantastic adventures going to magical places, meeting monsters, and encountering supernatural phenomena.
[Sinbad the Sailor, Wikipedia.org]

14 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card and beautiful colouring with your copics. I'm just a beginner in that department. Thanks for playing along at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing colouring!! Soooo gorgeous card!! Love it!! Thanks for joining Art Impressions Challenge#12!!

    -Soili-Maria-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Sorry this is a copy and Pasted comment but Shell from the Team is up on holiday with me so we are really busy. Thanks for joining in the Chocolate Challenge with us on MAWTT this week, Love Hazel and Shell xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome idea! I love this, Barbara. Nice one.
    by the way I have blog candy if you'd like to come by for a snoop. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fab card I'm lovin all the details and your colouring is perfect. Thanks for joining in with my my first challenge at MAWTT this week
    Hugs Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea, your colouring is fabulous. Thanks for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck. Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a totally fabulous card it looks amazing thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Awesome idea with the grays! I LOVE these images - I may have to look at them again and get a few. Thank you for helping us celebrate our one year birthday at Aud Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for showing the different grey's! I used it the other day for deciding what grey's I was going to order as I only had W grey's :) Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful project. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments and celebrating our 1st Birthday with us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I so love the way you've coloured your images. Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, thank you, thank you. You are a fountain of Copic encyclopedic info. These are gorgeous images and your colouring with these tones is fabuuuuulous. Hugs, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  13. A pretty card. Lovely colors and cute image. Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments Challenge blog for our Anything Goes Challenge! I hope you will join us again and good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.