Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Tips, Tricks & Techniques 0x022

Ever wonder what the difference is between all the Copic gray colors? My friend Ruby had the same question and I decided it would be fun to have a side-by-side comparison! So here it is using four of the new Suger 'n Spice Dolls from Little Miss Muffet Stamps.


So which color is which? Starting from the top left and going clockwise here are colors used, colored on Copy Paper:

Pepper: C00, C1, C3, C5, C7, C9
Peppermint: 0, N1, N3, N5, N7, N9
Nutmeg: T0, T1, T3, T5, T7, T9
Cinnamon: W00, W1, W3, W5, W7, W8

The top two are the cool-tone grays and the lower two are the warm-tone grays. I have found uses for each of them and select my gray-tone based on other colors on the card. However with that said, my favorite is C tones for metal and W tones for black.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the comparison, Barbara! I've always wondered about the same thing... and I only have Cool grays in my stash... maybe I should get the others too to experiment with the combinations :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! There is a difference when you see it this way.

    OMG! Now i really need more copics^+^

    I am in awe of the results hun thank you for doing this, tehee.You are definatley the go to gal((hugs))Rube♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to actually see the side by side comparison. I've been asked the same question, but never even thought to color the same images with the different grays. I'll be passing this post along.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...what a difference!! Thanks so much for that! I have only C and W tones, so cool and warm....
    Martina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love this sample you made!! Beautiful coloring ~ and yes now I want some additional gray families. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hay...what fun is this! It is really cool to see the 4 color groups together side by side. I will have to study this more! Thanks for thinking of it!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.