Sunday, May 1, 2011

Cocoa

Do you remember my Monster Pains card from just a little while ago? It was a top pick at {Cupcake Inspirations} and they've asked if I could be their Guest Sweetie for this week. Of course, they send the inspirational cupcake picture as a preview and I loved the color combination - so I had to play along. I used Cocoa from Little Miss Muffet Stamps and Kissing Booth from Make it Crafty.


I took inspiration from the bold bright colors of the cupcakes, trying to use the pinks, blues, greens, and oranges; and added it to the overall feel of a spring weekend! The images on the cupcake reminded me of Saturday activities and going to a carnival or fair is always a fun day.


I've been wanting to make this card for a while and combine the two images of Cocoa leaning over the Kissing Booth. I also tried out a new skin tone color combination of E000, E01, and E02 on Cocoa. Here's what the kissing booth looks like before Cocoa was added:


I used Flower Soft on the ground and covered up the flowers on the Kissing Booth image too. I got this idea from the Mo & Zo's Carnival Blog Hop and had to try it.


Cocoa was cut and placed on top of the Kissing Both after they were both colored. I fussy-cut close around the edges on the girl then glued her directly to the paper at the bottom near the table. To give it dimension I added foam dots behind her head to she looks like she's actually leaning out of the booth.


Guest Designer: Cupcake Inspirations Challenge #109

I'd like to enter into the following challenges:
Creatalicious Challenges #21
(pink, green, yellow, blue)
Party Time Tuesdays Challenge #13 (anything goes)
Amber's Crafts and stuff Challenge #7 (use digital)
Papercraft Star Challenge #43 (photo inspiration)

Main Stamp:
Cocoa (LMMS) and Kissing Booth (MiC)
Patterned Paper: Neighborhood (Crate Paper)
Metal Die: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Eight

Copic Markers colored on Copy Paper:
-skin tone: E000, E01, E02
-browns: E55, E57, E59
-reds: R12, R14, R17
-oranges: YR12, YR14, YR18
-yellows: YR30, YR31, YR21, Y26
-greens: YG61, YG63, YG67
-blues: B32, B34, B37, B39
-sky: 0, C1, B000, B52, B91

Did you know? "There once was a man from Nantucket" is the opening line for many limericks. Its popularity can be attributed to the limerick genre and the way the name of the island of Nantucket lends itself easily to humorous rhymes and puns, particularly obscene ones. The earliest variant was published in 1902 in the Princeton Tiger:
There once was a man from Nantucket
Who kept all his gold in a bucket.
But his daughter, named Nan,
Ran away with a man
And as for the bucket, Nantucket.
[There once was a man from Nantucket, Wikipedia.org]

7 comments:

  1. Barbara,
    You've done a fantastic job as guest sweetie. I love the coloring of the booth and the clouds in the background look so dreamy. It's a beautiful card. I hope you had as much fun being a guest as I have being a sweetie. It's just the best fun a girl can ever have.
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh lordy, I didn't realize hubby signed me out on the computer. I do not look anything like that pic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an adorable kard...soo kreative...just became a follower...hope you do the same...http://janjan808kreate.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so clever how you've put this together. A fabulous, fun and cheerful card. Would make anyone's day to receive this. Thanks for joining us at Amber's Crafts and Stuff's Use A Digi challenge this week, hope you see you back again. Hugs lin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! Thanks for joining our challenge at Amber's Crafts & Stuff.

    ((april))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully done! Your coloring is absolutely fantastic and the image is just darling. So glad you're our guest sweetie thi week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card! Thanks for joining us at the creatalicious challenges♥
    ♥♥Janne♥♥

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.