Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Princess Fiona

Ready for another Tiddly Inks challenge? This week our challenge for you is to create a card or project using the theme Diva! That can include a variety of terms and I chose to go with a princess diva...


I used two Tiddly Ink images for this card, Princess Fiona and Gothic Window, which looked like they were perfect for each other. I wanted to expiriment with her dress and added lots of folds and pleats - I think I went overboard but had fun coloring it. ;D


I used my new tag diecut and adorned it with a felt bird, also from the same diecut. After it was finished I realized it matched paper too - it was such a happy coincidence.


DT Challenge: Tiddly Inks Challenge #50 (Darline Diva)
Main Stamp:
Princess Fiona and Gothic Window (TI)
Patterned Paper: Togetherness (CC)
Chipboard: Swirly Corners (MiC)
Metal Die: Spellbinders Nestabilities Dahlia and My Favorite Things Die-namics Notched Tag

Copic Markers colored on Copy Paper:
-skin tone: E000, E00, E01, E02, E21, R12
-browns: E42, E44, E47, E49
-reds: R20, R21, R22, R24, R27, R29, R59
-yellows: Y35, Y38
-greens: YG61, YG63, YG67; YG91, YG95, YG97
-blues: B000, B52, C3
-grays: W00, W1, W2, W3

Did you know? The Arcade in downtown Cleveland, Ohio, is a Victorian-era structure of two nine-story buildings, joined by a five-story arcade with a glass skylight spanning over 300 feet (91 m), along the four balconies. Erected in 1890, at a cost of $867,000, the Arcade opened on Memorial Day (May 31, 1890), and is identified as the one of the earliest indoor shopping malls in the United States.
[Cleveland Arcade, Wikipedia.org]

15 comments:

  1. omgosh, barbara fiona looks stunning hun, i love how you did her hair and dress, gorgeous. hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Your coloring is just AMAZING! Not overboard at all, but come to think of it, if she's a DIVA, it should be overboard, eh? Okay, we'll go with overboard, but in the best possible way. Gorgeous card! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Barbera!Your colouring is fabulous and I don't think you went overboard! Such pretty colours.

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, your coloring is absolutely awesome!!! That dress is perfect for a Diva! Thank you so much for sharing this gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fiona never looked SO amazing!!! Gorgeous colors Barbara!! I'm simply in awe!!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barbara this is brilliant! Your coloring on her dress is just perfect and I adore this layout. Gorgeous work girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW. Your colouring is inspiring. FANTASTIC JOB! Truly beautiful and I love the little scene out the window. GREAT GREAT GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. UM....YOUR COLORING is phenomenal!! You amaze me with your attention to detail - her dress and background are just stunning!!! Total Diva! LOVE IT!
    hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG this is awesome card.
    very pretty colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  10. O what a darling, love your stamp and beautiful colouring xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhh, I love how you colored her dress....unbelievable!!! Superb all over!! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh, I absolutely LOVE how you colored Fiona's dress. I don't think you went overboard at all!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, oh wow!! You colouring is just amazing Barbara!! The whole creation is simply fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. There are so many gorgeous elements on this card! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful, Barbara! A fairytale diva, indeed! Wonderful card ;D Hugz, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.