Friday, May 27, 2011

Spring Fairies

While organizing my stamps I had found this cutie all ready colored up and begging for a card. This fairy was colored with Prismacolor Pencils a couple months ago and had forgotten about it.


Coloring with the pencils is a whole another ballgame and one completely different from Copic markers. It's a lot easier to add a little color and to experiment, however, I have to press harder and it takes longer to blend. I guess both mediums have their ups and downs.


Here's the back of some other cards with the second custom signature stamp ... I love the size of it... big! :D I think it fits well on any size card and make the back more interesting. Thank you Zoe!


Main Stamp: Spring Fairies (P)
Patterned Paper: Kioshi (BG)
Metal Die: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Eight, Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Seventeen, and Provo Craft Cuttlebug Vintage Corners

Prismacolor Pencils:
946, 941, 945; 901, 932, 902, 961, 962; 913, 911, 908, 991; PC1021; 997, 942, 915, 917; 918, PC1022, 934, 956, 995, 931, and "light flesh"

Did you know? Most pencil cores are made of graphite mixed with a clay binder, leaving grey or black marks that can be easily erased. Some time before 1565, an enormous deposit of graphite was discovered on the approach to Grey Knotts from the hamlet of Seathwaite in Borrowdale parish, Cumbria, England. The locals found that it was very useful for marking sheep. This particular deposit of graphite was extremely pure and solid, and it could easily be sawn into sticks. This remains the only large scale deposit of graphite ever found in this solid form.
[Discovery of Graphite Deposit, Wikipedia.org]

6 comments:

  1. She is beautiful Barbara. I love the wee bird she's holding, and the gorgeous corners. Lovely colouring, and I prefer pencils too.Lovely details, really pretty.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Barbara! I love the coloring.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these Pergamano faires Barbara and you have coloured her so sweetly! I must try Prisma colours some time!

    I have these fairies, but I have found they don't stamp very well and I tend to have to go over the lines with Copic Multiliner... do you have that problem or is it just me?

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww I just got me this stamp too, so cute, and I love your card, so pretty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty, goes really well with the basic grey papers. I have this stamp set too.

    Jayne
    x

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.