Saturday, May 28, 2011

Summer Dreams

It's another challenge day at Make it Colourful! This week's theme is to color with Yellow and Purple and we are sponsored by Magnolia-licious. I love these two colors, however, not necessarily together, so this was a very hard challenge. The card was in processing on my desk for a whole week! Anyway, it's finished and now it's your turn. ;D


I used the new Summer Dreams image from Make it Crafty and was so excited to color her up - she's such a cutie! I placed her in front of the Magnolia Spring Fence and "tried" to keep the rest of the card simple. However, I ended up using lots of diecuts in the process and finished it up with flowers and corner flourishes.


The background was created using a diecut. I taped it down to the white cardstock and used the Copic airbrush tool. It's an interesting effect and I'm glad I kept the center part light. This isn't my favorite card but I love a few individual elements. Hope it inspires you anyway and have a great weekend!


DT Challenge: Make it Colourful Challenge #20 (Yellow/Purple)
Main Stamp:
Summer Dreams (MiC) and Spring Fence (Mag)
Chipboard: Swirly Corners (MiC)
Metal Die: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Seventeen, My Favorite Things Die-namics Sunshine and Fresh Cut Grass

Copic Markers colored on Copy Paper:
-skin tone: E40, E41, E42, E000, E00, E01, E31, R12
-browns: E43, E44, E47, E49; E31, E35, E27, E29, E39
-yellows: YR30, Y21, Y26, Y28; Y13, Y17
-greens: YG91, YG93, YG95, YG97, YG99
-purples: V12, V15, V17, FV2; BV23, V25

Did you know? The history of the crayon is not entirely clear. The notion to combine a form of wax with pigment actually goes back thousands of years. The Egyptians perfected a technique using hot beeswax combined with colored pigment to bind color into stone in a process known as encaustic painting. A heat source was then used to "burn in" and fix the image in place. This method, also employed by the Romans, the Greeks and even indigenous people in the Philippines around 1600-1800, is still used today.
[Crayon, Wikipedia.org]

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Barbara! I want to be where she is. I really like the airbrushed die cut.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous shading on the dress! And the hat - wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Barbara!

    This is so pretty. I love the colors and your beautiful coloring. Such a pretty and relaxing scene you've created.
    Hugs, Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and gorgeous coloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Barbara, what a beautiful card and she is coloured beautifully!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barbara, this is such a beautiful and sweet card; gorgeous colouring, especially the hat!
    hugs, Alina

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is BEAUTIFUL!! It's like a scene out of a children's novel. Love the gorgeous image and the colors are lovely. I am definitely inspired, THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Barbara, Summer is one of my fav images from the new collection, I really love the way you coloured her, her straw hat looks fantastic, such a fab idea that!!!
    TFS

    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is REALLY CUTE! Love how you colored her dress and hat... :-)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.