Friday, June 17, 2011

Adela and Dida

Are you ready for yet another card today? I want to introduce to you Adela the Fairy and her dog Dida which was released at Little Miss Muffet Stamps this week! She's the first fairy that came through my imagination and hopefully there will be more on the way - but in the mean time, I hope you enjoy this card...


The image comes three ways, Adela & Dida, the flower, and then both images merged together in the way you see it here. This makes the image versatile and I love how the design team showcased her - check them out over at the Challenge & New Release blog.


I went all out on the embellishments which is the benefit to the larger 6"x6" card sizes. I've almost used up all the black swirls that I have - although I love the shape and look of them, they're hefty and so I use them sparingly. The stripped ribbon is a new addition to my stash and was fun to use for the first time.


Of course, I added some lasercut chipboards but this time I bent the wings on the butterflies so they were lifted off the page more; then I applied Petal Pink Liquid Pearls on the centers. I also used Liquid Pearls around the butterflies for an enchanted feel. The other chipboard embellishments were covered with a Pearl Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabber.


I'd like to enter this into the following challenges:
Color Throwdown Challenge #146 (daffodil, tangerine, kiwi green)
Sir Stampalot June Challenge (photo inspiration - flowers, red/orange)
Cupcake Craftroom June Challenge (flowers and leaves)
Forever Friends Challenge (spots and dots)
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges #55 (best friends)

DT Preview: Little Miss Muffet Stamps New Releases
Main Stamp:
Adela and Dida (LMMS)
Patterned Paper: Salt Air (CC)
Chipboard: Fine Swirls and Love Heart Swirls (MiC)
Metal Die: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels One

Copic Markers colored on Copy Paper:
-skin tone: E000, E00, E21
-browns: E50, E53, E57, E55
-reds to oranges: YR12, YR14, YR18, R17, R27, E09
-yellows: YR30, Y21, Y23, Y20, Y24
-greens: YG91, YG93, YG95, YG97, YG99
-blues: B000, BV0000, BV000; B91, B93, B95
-pinks: R11, R12, R32
-grays: 0, C00, C1, C3

Did you know? Filigree is a delicate kind of jewelery metalwork made with twisted threads usually of gold and silver or stitching of the same curving motifs. It often suggests lace, and in recent centuries remains popular in Indian and other Asian metalwork, and French from 1660 to the late 19th century. It should not be confused with ajoure jewellery work; while both have many open areas, filigree involves threads being soldered together to form an object and ajoure involves holes being punched, drilled, or cut through an existing piece of metal.
[Filigree Metalwork, Wikipedia.org]

18 comments:

  1. What a lovely card! I love the colours, and it's a great take on our photo theme. Thanks for sharing it with us at Stampalot Challenge this month.

    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't she LOVELY? I like your Adela and can't wait to see her sisters =)
    With best wishes,
    Viktoria

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet! Love the coloring on the flowers/dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Gosh woman. You are a machine. I am lucky if I put out 2-3 cards a week and you are doing 2-3 a post. Gorgeous. Don't know how you do it.

    Gorgeous work though.

    Thanks for sharing your kids card too, they are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHat a lovely creation Barbara, I love the vibrant colours and that lovely elfin image.

    Thank you for joining in at Stampalot Challenge this month and good luck.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, this is absolutely stunning. The little image has the cutest face ever and the colouring is stunning. Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohhh I love how you coloured and your yummy striped ribbon.
    Hugs Beccy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! I love Adela, and I can't wait to see more fairies!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous card - beautiful colouring! Thanks for joining us at Sir stampalot this month and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is beautiful. The talent you have with the copics is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I just love this new Fairy!!!! Beautiful card too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous Barbara! Thanks for joining in on our "Best Friends" Challenge at Penny's. Good Luck!!

    Courtney~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi.
    What a great card. Love the image and the butterflies.
    Many thanks for joining us at Penny's Challenges and Good Luck.
    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a wonderful creation
    Fantastic interpretation of the photo

    Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month and good luck!

    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is really sweet and I love the butterfly embellis you've used. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really love this card and the image is just too gorjuss.
    Thanks for sharing and joining in the fun at Forever Friends.
    Hugs, Fae x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazingly beautiful!

    Thanks for joining us on Spots and Dots challenge at Forever Friends!
    Hope to see you soon again!

    Hugs, Sande xxx

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.