Saturday, June 11, 2011

Bathing Beauty

It's Saturday and that means another challenge at Make it Colourful! This week we're challenging you to color with blues and we're sponsored by Tiddly Inks. For my project I used Bathing Beauty from Tiddly Inks and The Cove from Make it Crafty.


I used lighter tones of blue for the water and the clouds with the main difference being grays. I had added a little bit of gray to the clouds which really changes the tones of the blue.


I used lots of supplies on my desk and in the scrap pile including the summer time paper. Not sure where it's from but it fit perfectly with these images. The corners are laser cut embellishments from Make it Crafty which I didn't paint this time around because I wanted a more natural feel. But I had to add a pearl to dress it up. ;D


I used lots of foam dots on this card and raised up the images to three levels. The center part is cut with a Nestability die in blue then again for the background image, each seperated on the card with foam dots. Finally the girl was added as the third level and pops up the most.


DT Challenge: Make it Colourful - Challenge #22 (blues)
Main Stamp:
Bathing Beauty (TI) and The Cove (MiC)
Patterned Paper: scraps
Chipboard: Swirly Corners (MiC)
Metal Die: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Eight and Labels Seventeen

Copic Markers colored on Copy Paper:
-skin tone: E000, E00, E21, E11
-browns: 0, E70, E71, E74, E77, E79; E57
-oranges: 0, YR12, YR18
-greens: YG01, YG03, YG17, YG25
-blues: B0000, B00, B01, B04, C1, C3
-grays: C1, C3

Did you know? Gala is a clonally propagated apple with a mild and sweet flavor. Gala apples ranked at number 2 in 2006 on the US Apple Association's list of most popular apples, after Red Delicious and before Golden Delicious, Granny Smith, and Fuji (in order).
[Gala Apple, Wikipedia.org]

9 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Barbara. Love the scene you have created!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barbara, the more I see this card, the more I find to love. The Cove image looks great the way you coloured it, and I love the way you did the character, especially the facial features, wow! Oh, and the hair too. CoB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the beach scene that you have created. Makes me want ot be on holiday!!!!!!!!!!

    Jayne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You certainly know how to bring an image to life. Gorgeous Bam Bam. Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with the teammies! You sure know how to make the images to life indeed!

    Oh Bam Bam your such a wonderful artist.Gorgeous coloring as always and your card is so pretty.

    Taking notes from ya :)

    ((hugs))Ruby♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it, Barbara, gorgeous colouring!
    hugs, Alina

    ReplyDelete
  7. really lovely - love the way you've layered it up! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful job. I love that everything is raised up. Your clouds are stunning, as is all your shading. I'm a fan!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.