Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Cookie Bugg & Autumn Bugg

It's another Tuesday and we have a great challenge at Tiddly Inks to get your week started! The challenge for you is to create something with the theme "Sugar and Spice with a Twist!" We want you to make a sarcastic or humorous. ;D


I took this as the perfect opportunity to use a new sentiment I found from Inkadinkado - this one says "It's fun to grow up because TV and cookies stop being bad for you." I created a scene to go with it using Cookie Bugg for the grown up and Autumn Bugg for the little kid (the rebellious disgruntled kid, of course). Then I colored in some expressions on their faces to match.


I'd have to say I totally cracked up laughing when I saw this sentiment at the store because it was soo true and related well to recent experience. Nothing more "telling" than to have your own kids catch you in the act of grabbing an extra snack. LOL


I pulled the card together with a few embellishments: pink gingham ribbon, black gems and a couple black sequin flower centers. The background utilizes a bunch of scrap papers I had in efforts to use up some scraps.


DT Challenge: Tiddly Inks Challenge #55 (sugar and spice with a twist)
Main Stamp:
Cookies Galore Set and Autumn Bugg (TI)
Patterned Paper: Olivia (BG)

Copic Markers colored on Copy Paper:
-skin tone: E000, E00, E21, E11
-browns: E41, E42, E43, E44; E31, E37, E33, E35, E23
-yellows: YR20, YR21, YR23, YR24
-greens: YG13, YG17, G07, G28, T4, T6, T8
-blues: B0000, B01
-purples: BV0000, BV000, BV00, BV01
-pinks: R20, R21, R22, R24
-grays: W1, W2, W3, W4


Did you know? A Zeppelin bend (also Rosendahl bend) is a general purpose bend knot. It is a secure, easily tied, and jam-resistant way to connect two ropes. Though its simplicity and security may be matched by other bends, it is unique in the ease with which it is untied, even after heavy loading. Even though it is not very well-known, it is praised by some sources as a nearly ideal bend knot. A bend knot is a knot used to join two lengths of rope.
[Zeppelin Bend, Wikipedia.org]

13 comments:

  1. wauw ists very gorgeous!
    greetings, mandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. hee hee Isn't that the truth? Love it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just AWESOME Barbara!! Gorgeous colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Barbara! Love that cute and funny sentiment, so adorable. Love how you coloured the images.

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Mom!!! Eating extra cookies??? For shame, for shame!!! LOL

    You have to learn to eat them behind the pantry door....hehe

    LOVE their faces...
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH my - I love their little faces!! So adorable - the sentiment is perfect and I LOVE those basic grey papers!!
    Gorgeous
    Hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh gosh, I had this very conversation with my 5 year old recently. She has caught Daddy and I with DQ on a few occasion after she and her brother were in bed. Oops.

    How come they don't notice when it's carrots and celery your munching on?

    Adorable card, it came together awesomely, is that a word? Gave me a giggle. Love the expressions.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are too talented, I need some to rub off onto me :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooohhhhhh love it!!! Those faces are amazing...soooo clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this sentiment - and is so true of what happens in our house!!

    Lovely Card!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG!!! I"m lovin' the expressions you've put on their faces! Love the sentiment too. Fabulous card! Too too cute! xxD

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.