Saturday, June 4, 2011

Flower Girl Mae

Aloha! Our challenge this week at Make it Colourful is to "Cast your shadows" so we want to see your images' shadows on the page. ;D Our sponsor this week is Some Odd Girl and I had the pleasure of coloring up Flower Girl Mae, which I thought looked perfect with the Island Hammock by Make it Crafty!


For this card I went back to the basics... which for me is one decorative paper, one ribbon (or lace), an embellishment or two and lots of coloring! I think the coloring is my favorite part and sometime the quicker the card the better. ;D


I colored the image as normal then went back in to add shadows. I imagined the sun coming down from the upper right corner so I placed my shadows dragging down to the lower left corner. I also added a shadow for the girl and colored it directly on the decorative paper.


DT Challenge: Make it Colourful - Challenge #21
Main Stamp:
Flower Girl May (SOG) and Island Hammock (MiC)
Patterned Paper: Marjolaine (BG)
Chipboard: Filigree Borders (MiC)
Metal Die: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels One

Copic Markers colored on Copy Paper:
-skin tone: E000, E00, E30, E31, R12
-hair: E21, E23, E25, E27, E29, E59, E49
-browns: E23, E57, E59; E30, E31, E55
-greens: YG61, YG63, YG67, YG99; YG93, YG95, YG97, YG99
-blues: B91, B93, B95, B97; B000, B00, B01
-pinks: R12
-grays: W7

Did you know? National Doughnut Day is on the first Friday of June each year, succeeding the Donut Day event created by the Salvation Army in 1938 to honor the women who served doughnuts to soldiers during World War I. The holiday celebrates the doughnut (a.k.a "donut") — an edible, torus-shaped piece of dough which is deep-fried and sweetened. Many American doughnut stores offer free doughnuts on National Doughnut Day.
[National Doughnut Day, Wikipedia.org]

4 comments:

  1. I love how you colored the shadow on the decorative paper. I never would have thought of that. Very cool! I also love how she has a tan, perfect for this scene.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous! I love the shadow on the bottom that you created below Mae! So cool. I just love this card and your coloring is always gorgeous. TFS!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. one fab card !!! lovely done ! great coloring,
    greetings martina
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just gorgeous. I am so inspired by your colouring. The beach is so phenomenal.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.