Monday, June 27, 2011

Flutterby

Just posting a fun card I made using Flutterby from Tiddly Inks - she was such a cutie-patotie that I couldn't resist! :D I really wanted to work with large areas to practice some new techniques so I printed her out large. I practiced adding folds and creases with shading in the jeans. It's going to be an upcoming challenge (hint, hint, but I didn't say where either) so I'm working out the technique.


The paper I used was perfect because it had so many colors to choose from - yet the image is large enough that it doesn't look to busy to me. I embellished it with a few gems, flower and chippies too. I even added Stickles to the butterfly wings for fun. Hope you enjoy it!



Main Stamp: Flutterby (TI)
Patterned Paper: School Spirit (CP)
Chipboard: Flower Leaf Swirls (MiC)

Copic Markers colored on Copy Paper:
-skin tone: E11, E13, E15, E25
-browns: E42, E43, E44
-yellows: Y21, Y23, Y26, Y424, Y18
-greens: G21, G24, G28
-blues: BG10, BG11, BG72, BG75, BG78
-grays: T2, T4, T6, T8

Did you know? A tongue-twister is a phrase that is designed to be difficult to articulate properly, and can be used as a type of spoken (or sung) word game. Some tongue-twisters produce results which are humorous (or humorously vulgar) when they are mispronounced, while others simply rely on the confusion and mistakes of the speaker for their amusement value. For example, the following sentence is identified as the hardest tongue-twister in the English language, according to Guinness World Records.
"The sixth sick sheikh's sixth sheep's sick."
[Tongue-twister, Wikipedia.org]

8 comments:

  1. lol lol - nice folds. :P

    definitely a cutie image!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was staring at the folds, wondering if they were part of the image, before I read what you wrote! Great idea and coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely beautiful card and image! I love the flower!
    hugs, Alina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, now those are some nice folds!!! :) Love the whole card and the coloring is out of this world!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't get over the creases, so amazing. You are so talented. Great work. So impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I super, really like this stamp! Fabulous card, as always. :) sally

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.