Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Jump

Here's my second preview for this week using a Little Darling stamp and one of my favorites from this release! You can check out all the previews this week at the Love to Stamp store blog. This one being showcased today is Jump ...


I've pared this stamp with the background image from Make it Crafty called Hilly Lane. It took a lot of time to color all that grass but I like how it turned out! Here's the background by itself...


Most of the card was colored so I didn't go all out on embellishments but still included a few of my favorites. ;D The felt sun is a die cut from My Favorite Things and a I cut it to contour the horizon of the background. Then the corners are those fabulous laser cut embellishments from Make it Crafty that some how appear on all my cards. ;D I put a few drops of Liquid Pearls on them for fun.


Angie is giving away a grand prize to one lucky commenter this week so you can get your hands on a few of these new releases! Also don't forget about the Little Darlings Challenge challenge where the rules were changed to include all images - the theme is all about summer


Lastly, the girl image was cut out and put on foam dots so she "jumps" off the background. Hope you enjoy the preview and that you liked my card. Happy Stamping this week!


DT Preview: Love to Stamp Little Darlings Release II
Main Stamp:
Jump (LTS)
Chipboard: Swirly Corners (MiC)

Copic Markers colored on Copy Paper:
-skin tone: E000, E00, E21, E13
-browns: E42, E43, E44, E47
-yellows: YR21, YR23, YR24, Y13
-greens: G20, YG91, YG93, YG95, YG97, YG99; G21, G24, G28
-blues: B0000, B00, B01; B91, B95, B99
-grays: W2, W4, W6, W3, W5, W8, W10

Did you know? The Braille system is a method that is widely used by blind people to read and write, and was the first digital form of writing. Braille was devised in 1825 by Louis Braille, a blind Frenchman. Each Braille character, or cell, is made up of six dot positions, arranged in a rectangle containing two columns of three dots each. A dot may be raised at any of the six positions to form sixty-four (26) possible subsets, including the arrangement in which no dots are raised.
[Braille, Wikipedia.org]

9 comments:

  1. I love it Barbara, the grass looks amazing, and you can see the work put into it, wonderful.. and the image is adorable.
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my God...this is absolutly fantastic! I can't believe how you have made the grass and landscape looking so real! Just amazing!!!! And the little girl is so cute as well! Gorgeous card!
    Martina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, I love the background, but most of all I love the look of abandon on the little girl's face :) So precious

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Wow! That´s a gorgeous card!!
    The grass looks so real...Beautiful colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards always just amaze me Barbara! The incredible job of the background just blew me away when I saw it! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it, Barbara, the grass looks perfect! very beautiful card!
    hugs, Alina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I love the grass too.... Loved how you colored this one, just FANTASTIC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Barbara,
    Your card is AMAZING!! That background with all the grass you coloured is marvellous!!!!
    It is perfect for the image which is also coloured beautifully!
    It is a jaw dropping card to me, that's for sure :o)
    Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Barbara the grass is so amazing. I am saving this post so I can look at it for future reference for my backgrounds. It is so gorgeous.

    What a great scene this sweet little girl skipping through the park.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.