Thursday, June 16, 2011

Just Swinging

Welcome back for another preview of the Little Darlings stamps from Love to Stamp! Today I'm feature "Just Swinging" and had a lot of fun coloring her up. ;D You can check out all week long the sneak peaks at the Love to Stamp Store Blog and get all the details on the prize too.


I must say I love all the images I got to work with this week and this one is no exception. I kept this one simple because the image says it all. She looks like she just jumped in for the biggest swing ever - so much fun and brings back some childhood memories too.


From childhood to parenthood - I just have to say it amazes me how much us "Moms" take on! Right now I'm juggling this post, creating another card, answering my correspondence AND putting the kids to bed. I wouldn't necessarily call myself ADD but rather I think we get used to the shuffle of daily life to the point we work best while our attention is divided. (Opps, I just cut my ribbon an inch too short - maybe I should focus a little more! LOL)


So back to this card - I used some of my favorite papers lately as I love the colors I can pull out of it. I'm all about colors as it's the main thing that inspires me the most. ;D Sometimes it doesn't all work out for the best but at least it gets my creative juices flowing! I also got to use some new lasercut chipboard embellishments from Make it Crafty which worked perfectly with some large gems I've been saving. Hope you enjoyed it and come along to play in our challenges this week. ;D


DT Preview: Love to Stamp Little Darlings Release II
Main Stamp:
Just Swinging (LTS)
Patterned Paper: Stella & Rose Hattie (MME)
Chipboard: Filigree Jewels (MiC)
Metal Die: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Eleven

Copic Markers colored on Copy Paper:
-skin tone: E000, E00, E21, E13
-browns: E55, E57, E59
-yellows: YR23, YR21
-blues: BG72, BG78; C1, B0000
-pinks: R12, R22
-grays: N2, N4, N6, N8; 0, C1, C3

Did you know? The slide rule, also known colloquially as a slipstick, is a mechanical analog computer. The slide rule is used primarily for multiplication and division, and also for functions such as roots, logarithms and trigonometry, but is not normally used for addition or subtraction. William Oughtred and others developed the slide rule in the 17th century based on the emerging work on logarithms by John Napier. Before the advent of the pocket calculator, it was the most commonly used calculation tool in science and engineering.
[Slide Rule, Wikipedia.org]

2 comments:

  1. Love your card and swinging really is fun
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card. She looks like she is having so much fun on that swing. Great coloring........

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.