Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Across the Bridge

All good things come to an end and so sadly this is my last post as a Little Darlings Design Team member. I had such a wonderful time that I decided to go all out and created this summer scene! I used several images to create this page in my journal:


I used two images from Love to Stamp, Little Darlings Croquet and Nice to Meet You. In the background I used Across the Bridge plus some chippies from Make it Crafty. The paper is Oliver from Basic Gray and the pearl brads are from Whiff of Joy.


I started coloring in the background then worked on the two kids - and if you can believe it, I picked my paper *after* I colored! I'm usually the other way around so this was a new adventure. However, because it was a scene with lots of natural colors, I figured I was pretty safe in doing so. ;D


Here's a better view of the background before it started to blend into the background of the project. LOL One of the clouds I had colored in blue but then changed my mind and wanted to go with gray. At that point, everything else was colored so I printed out a second copy and paper pieced in a new cloud colored gray! Works every time!


This is the eight page in my project journal and I'm starting to think I need to make a statement with each page! Ha ha... I'll save that for the next book. ;D For those who want to start your own book... I found this spiral bound journal with watercolor paper. The paper is thicker and provides a great base to start building on.


This was a fun summer time page and I like cool colors with a splash of yellow. It actually wasn't planned that way but it turned out great - like a nice cool spring day. Hope you enjoyed this page and that you're sufficiently inspired ... for now! LOL

6 comments:

  1. WOW! This is absolutely Beautiful! I am so sure that they will miss your creations.

    Hugs
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally love this idea! When the economy swings so low we can't buy card ingredients anymore you know I'll be coloring away on one of these!! Though I like the idea even now as theres some projects I hate to give away...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Barbara!

    This scene is ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!!! Thank you so much for all of your exceptional work on the Little Darlings team. You and your talent will definitely be missed. Best of luck to you sweetie!!!

    The Biggest of Hugs,

    Angie
    www.LoveToStamp.com
    ...home to Little Darlings rubber stamps

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Barbara, this is beautiful. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barbara your scenes are always amazing and this one is too!!! It has been a pleasure being on the Little Darlings team together. I love coming and seeing what little tidbit of info you have for us to read and learn. Hugs, Myrna

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.