Saturday, July 16, 2011

Adela and Dida

Good morning and welcome to another challenge with Make it Colourful!! Are you ready for an easy one? For this challenge we want you to "Colouring Hair with any colours EXCEPT black/Brown/Red/Blonde." So for my color of choice... I went with purples! (Specifically Copic markers BV000, BV02, BV04, and BV13). Hope you enjoy this project and come along and play this week. ;D


Our sponsor this week is Quixotic Paperie which stock many of Make it Crafty rubber stamps and chippies including the ones I used on the background of my project... Whimsical Log and Fine Swirls chippies. The fairy image on the card is Adela and Dida from Little Miss Muffet Stamps.


The other embellishments are baker's twine, wide organdy ribbon, a Prima (I think) flower and plastic green leaves I found in the floral section of the craft store. I'm hoping to go find more because I like the frosty look and how they turned out on the card.


Here's a close up of the fairy's face and might I just add that I love digital image processing! After my project was finished, and sometime while I wasn't looking, my daughter decided to get the red marker out and added a dot right at the center base of the wing!! It's always red, isn't it?! She said it looked pretty. :D


I'd like to enter this into the following challenges:
My Sheri Crafts - faithful companions
Bling It On - anything goes
By the Cute and Girly - things with wings
Copic Creations #54 - pastel colors
The Emerald Faerie - all things nice

Update: I was the winner and selected guest designer at My Sheri Crafts for this challenge!

10 comments:

  1. awesome, Barbara, I love it!
    hugs, Alina

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Barbara. Such a pretty image and love her hair colour!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous, barbara, as ever! Love the cool colours and how you made the log a silver bark rather than brown, don't think that would have occurred to me. I am loving your skin colouring, especially the shading behind her shoulder and the cast shadow on her arm from the dog. So nice! coB

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I have to tell you my favorite part of your colouring on this card. The chest of her dress, the dots. Makes her top look fluffy and feathery, fun effect. The very close second fave is the birch tree, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barbara, this is absolutely gorgeous. Like Carole, I just love the way you coloured the log. The technique with the spotty background is gorgeous, I've never been able to master that.
    I am starting to realize there are so many copics I don't have. I always keep a note of the colours you use and ever time I find out I don't have what you used I write them down in the hope Santa will bring me some...lol

    x
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card, Barbara! Amazing coloring and layout!
    Thanks for sharing your card with us At Emerald Faerie Garden!
    Hugs and have a happy weekend!
    Iulia

    ReplyDelete
  7. a beautiful card Barbara :0)...thanks for sharing with us at Bling It On..hugs Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool image! Your coloring is AMAZING! Thanks for sharing with us at My Sheri CRAFTS ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous barbara!!
    Thanks for joining us at Bling it On this time would love to see you again
    hugs
    laney

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really lovely. Thanks for joining us over at By the Cute and Girly and our Things with Wings Challenge. Good luck. Hugs, Hanna

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.