Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Aisha

It's another Tiddly Inks Tuesday and we have another challenge for you and the theme is "Reel Me In." We want to see creations that are create a card inspired by a Scary or Summer movie. To tell the truth, I got as far as a "movie tie in" and forgot to pay attention to scary or summer! So, ah hem, this one is my "Summer" move tie-in. LOL


The movie is actually a YouTube video named "Where the Hell is Matt? (2008)" and my inspiration can be found at 2:35 in. It has always been in my mind since the first time I saw this image from Tiddly Ink, Aisha.


If you've noticed, this is actually not a card but a page in my spiral bound notebook - my scrap journal for the summer. I got tired of decoupage and painting and thought it would be easier to fill the book with my cards and instead of pasting in a card I decided to create it directly onto the page. :D


Here's a close up of the image Aisha. I had fun coloring her clothes and of course couldn't resist adding a few more pleats. So come along and play in the "Reel Me In" challenge and have a happy coloring! :D

10 comments:

  1. Oh wow!!! Your colouring is just amazing Barbara!! What an amazing page...it looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card and even more stunning colouring .

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOWSY!!! This is just amazing... Your colouring is really to admire :O)
    Hugs Laila

    check out my new candy on http://blog.lolapigen.dk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh BARBARA!!!! This is STUNNING! I think your summer journal idea is fantastic!! Your coloring is over the top GORGEOUS! WOW WOW and WOW!

    Crafty Hugs!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is so lovely. Normally I can't get beyond your phenomenal colouring to even notice much else about your projects, but I find the travel, adventure theme in this work eye catching.

    The highlights in Aisha's hair is so fab, her clothes of course are expertly creased. I am thinking of trying your facial feature defining technique, but am afraid I will make them look goofy.

    I need to check out this video, you have peeked my curiosity, just like a great movie trailer does.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Barbara! Your colouring is so fabulous! Love her hair, very pretty.

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG Barbara! You coloring blows me away! Fabulous and I love the collage effect you've got going here. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Barbara! I love the beautiful way you've colored Aisha! I love that you made it a page in your art journal too!! Beautiful!
    Hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahem, well you are so stinking clever....love your little booklet idea! :) I won't mention that your coloring makes me drool and wish I could do it too. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, amazing card front. I love your little summer book. I have a journal, but nothing like this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.