Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Belle and a Royal Proclamation

Welcome back for another Tuesday challenge with Tiddly Inks! The challenge this week is to create something with "Attitude" and this is the card I came up with...


It's been fun combining the images and for this scene I used three Tiddly Ink images: Bella, Royal Proclamation and Door of Dreams. The sentiment is from a Inkadinkado Kids Quotes stamp but I punched it out on labeling tape and strung it across the top.


To add to the "attitude" I sketched in the skull on the door and went over it with a fine-tipped marker. Then I made sure I used one of my very few pieces of decorative paper with skulls on it, although I couldn't help but to cover most of it up in the end. But don't worry - I was still able to fit a few chippies in there. LOL


I practiced more with creating folds on the dresses. At first I didn't think it would turn out by using my own advise "I just kept going!" I was actually surprised how well it turned out. So when in doubt, just keep going. :D And don't forget to practice those folds and creases in the clothing! (hint hint wink wink)


DT Challenge: Tiddly Inks Challenge #56 (attitude, bad to the bones, skulls, etc.)
Main Stamp:
Bella, Royal Proclamation and Door of Dreams (TI)
Patterned Paper: Handmade Cara Marie (K&C) and Rockstar (DCWV)
Chipboard: Butterfly Leaves (MiC) covered with Silver Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabber

Copic Markers colored on Copy Paper:
-skin tone: E000, E00, E21, E11
-hair: E51, E53, E55; E23, E25, E27, E29, E49
-browns: E42, E43
-yellows: Y38, Y35, Y21
-blues: B91, B93, B95, B97, B99
-pinks: R20, R21, R22
-grays: T2, T4, T6, T8; C1, C3

16 comments:

  1. OMG I love this card and that sentiment that you have put on. Perfect card for my little girl.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOOh Barbara this is just awesome hun, i love that skully paper and the way you did her expression on her face is amazing!! hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did an amazing job on this!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barbara!!! WOWWWWWWWWW!!!! I LOVE these two images together!!! And I LOVE their facial expressions!! AWESOME!!!

    Crafty Hugs!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, I love this card and I just LOVE how you colored their dresses! Your princesses facial expression is just priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing - the folds that you put into the dresses and the facial expressions make this absolutely gorgeous!!!
    hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha, the attitude you gave Belle.

    All your folds looks SO natural. I had to look at the originals because they look like Christy sketched them in the image. Way to go. I got the hint, will practice.

    Did you pencil sketch in the folds before coloring or just went by the seat of your pants?

    Awesome job as usual. Your too cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I absolutely adore this! The folds/creases in the dresses are amazing and I am definitely going to bookmark this and give it a try. Fantastic card! Hugz, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  9. So so cute and the sentiment is just darling. Love the expression you've put on their faces and the folds in the clothing are fabulous! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very fun! Love the way you did the sentiment and your coloring is just fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooohhhhhh loving this card Barbara!! I too love the way you do the folds...amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is awesome Barbara! Your colouring is stunning and I love those eyebrows!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how you changed the look on the face just by adding eyebrows! And the pleats look amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my gallery and thanks for your comments! :-D I love reading each one of them.